 Administrative / General / 1201
Re: Lugnet/Localities Navigation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 05:36:54 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, edboxer@aol.com (Ed Jones) writes:
Yes, I know all I have to do is hit <BACK> to go back to the list,
but I use the link back to "Groups" from all the other boards and
can't seem to stop myself from doing so in the localities.

Grok.  :)  I don't like the way it currently is either -- it's not good
for beginners OR experts!

Grok???

That single-word sentence was just short for "I grok" or "I grok what
you're saying."

'Grok' is a word with many definitions, I think, but basically, to grok
something means to understand it in a gut/zen/metaphysical way.

In this case, 'grok' meant that understand the problem on a logical level,
but also sympathize and understand the pain and hassle that the problem
presents.  (Maybe I don't perceive the hassles exactly the same way that
you do, but I grok what you're saying, man.  :)

--Todd