 Administrative / General / 1188
Re: Triangle folks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 07:25:41 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman) writes:
[...]
5.  Didn't want to be stuck having to take the time to think about the
    creation of new loc groups every few days whenever the need arose.
    All the thought (for better or for worse) went into a single week-
    long marathon of atlas-studying in September.
[...]

I should add that about the only other thing I did during that week was
shower and eat.  So it was an intense bit of work, and the rationale
behind probably 90% or more of the decisions made are long forgotten.  (It
would not have been possible to document all the rationale and still get
it done in a week -- not with 600 groups and 100 maps to go through.)

I certainly don't mind making corrections if there are mistakes anywhere,
and I also don't mind adding new items that were overlooked, but you have
to understand that when I get psycho-intense on something and really go
all-out, it can be difficult later to convince me that something really
was overlooked (as opposed to it having been considered but the rationale
having been forgotten).

I anticipated most of the questions/concerns that have come up so far in
connection with the loc groups -- so I hope I don't sound callous.  There
just aren't "clean" solutions to things like the Triangle area of NC.
(Prove me wrong, though!  :)

--Todd