 Administrative / General / 11872
Re: Meeting Announcements (was: Next NYCLUG Meeting)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 00:12:20 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Todd Lehman wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, Jason Spears wrote:
   Also, is there a group that should already be serving the function of a .announce.club group?

lugnet.events, possibly...but I like your idea of a new subgroup of .announce for this sort of thing.

Opinions on the name of the group?--
  • lugnet.announce.club
  • lugnet.announce.group
  • lugnet.announce.events
  • lugnet.announce.meetings
I tend to think that .announce.club sounds too much like announcements of clubs, rather than announcements pertaining to clubs. Plus, not all groups refer to themselves as “clubs.”

I’d probably lean toward .announce.events, since it covers a good gamut.

Yep I agree. Possibly put a link in the header of .events too.

ROSCO