 Administrative / General / 11864
Re: Next NYCLUG Meeting -- Saturday, October 2nd
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 00:56:07 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, David Eaton wrote:
   In lugnet.announce, Sid Dinsay wrote:
   OKAY: Let’s try this again. Please highlight this on LUGNET!!!

Um, I hate to be picky, but for future reference...

Um, is the sarcasm really necessary?

I have now figured out that LUGNET’s “organizations” group is the way to go for these announcements. Sorry that we appeared to have, um, bothered you so much.

David: I guess you have no problem with anyone else promoting their private enterprises -- AuctionBrick for instance -- and for that matter, other local LUG events, such as, say, the NW BrickCon contests? Didn’t realize that NYCLUG was so, um, threatening to you.

(All of the aforementioned, by the way, sit among the “Top Stories” on the left-hand side of your screen, at least as of today.)

I’ll be honest: NYCLUG is a relatively new creature in the LUG world, and we’re trying to maximize exposure for it. Highlighting seems to do the trick. Once we get more members, we’ll crawl back into our little hole and never bother you again. ;-)

As for the “why should the rest of us care?” argument -- you can say the same thing about any other post. Think every single AFOL wants to argue about colors? You’d think so by reading the Top Stories, eh?

Hoping this ends the argument. Let’s all be Lego friends. :-)

onedaycnn (sid) http://onedaycnn.freeservers.com