 Administrative / General / 11867
Re: Meeting Announcements (was: Next NYCLUG Meeting)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 13:14:09 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Kevin Wilson wrote:
   Jason Spears wrote in message ...
   Maybe there is call for a new group: announce.club where clubs could post meeting, show, etc announcements.

I think that’s an excellent idea.

Would it be possible to get an offical ruling on wether club meeting/show announcements are proper for the main .announce group?

Are meeting/show reports/pictures proper for the main .announce group?

Also, is there a group that should already be serving the function of a .announce.club group?

I’m cool with following whatever is the offical stance of the lugnet admins, but I’d like to know. I’m my ideal scenerio (1) there would be an additional Top Stories box added to the lugnet front page. This one would be titled Club Activity (2) and would list the latest meetings and shows from all clubs around the world. (Posts would still get there by being hightlighted, etc.) Lugnet is a very central place for a newbie to the lego community to visit, so directing them to local clubs and events is a good idea, IMO.

Jason Spears | BrickCentral | MichLUG | CLB

(1) I don’t really expect this to happen. It’s more of a wish.
(2) Or something like that.