 Administrative / General / 11869
Re: Meeting Announcements (was: Next NYCLUG Meeting)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 18:37:24 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Anders Isaksson wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, Jason Spears wrote:
   Would you be inclined to say that a club display/show post doesn’t belong in that group either? What about a report and pictures from those type of events?

In my, personal opinion, Club meetings - which are more or less “Members only” - doesn’t belong, while a display/show open to the public is spot on.

Both MichLUG and CLB meetings are open to the public. At the last CLB meeting, a lady and her son (who build together) showed up to the meeting because of the notice making it to the Top Stories box. At the last MichLUG meeting, a father and his son saw the note on our announcement email list and they came (as well as two potential members). They saw the creations people brought, sat through through the business portion (and even claimed it wasn’t that boring) and a few members checked out the kid’s creation that he brought along. For both clubs, the meetings really aren’t members only.

Jason Spears | BrickCentral | MichLUG | CLB