 Administrative / General / 11735 (-20)
  Re: Fed UP!!!!!!!!

(...) I agree, I just think that the LUGNET admins were jumping all over the respondants and not so much to Randall. "Taking names" and "check your attitude at the door" and such comments seemed to be fairly aimed at us who wanted to defend the (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Fed UP!!!!!!!!

(...) You make a good point, Alfred. Personally, I think Randall's original message to lugnet.general was misplaced -- although I believe he was probably trying to reach people in lugnet.general specifically since that's where so much vitriol had (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Contributer Agreement v2

[Trimmed .cad.dev.org.ldraw, we're way off topic for that group] So, could there be an option on the web-interface for this? Like a checkbox for "start a new thread with message"? Then the web interface could automatically add some kind of X-header (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jul-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Fed UP!!!!!!!!

(...) Hi Terry, I'm still upset about it too. (...) Randall is probably as upset about hearing complaints from people like us as we are about the color change. The best thing we can do to honor requests from Randall and others is to talk about it in (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jul-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.color) !

  Re: Fed UP!!!!!!!!

(...) I've got it. How about .ranting? I'm kidding. Steven Weiser (20 years ago, 16-Jul-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Fed UP!!!!!!!!

(...) The most appropriate place for this question is lugnet.admin.general, to which I've set followups, but to answer your quesiton: Appropriate posts to lugnet.general are posts for which there is no more logical group that applies. In rare cases, (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jul-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Contributer Agreement v2

(...) Thanks! Maybe even crosslink, with the first post in the continued tree pointing (with an explicit label) back to the root of the previous tree too. (...) Yes! (20 years ago, 15-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Contributer Agreement v2

(...) Very good idea! (...) And it helps future readers when the linkage is spelled out explicitly. Steve (20 years ago, 15-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Contributer Agreement v2

(...) I wish 100 was a user selectable option, or an option by group or something. But I don't know enough server internals to know if that's feasible. (...) One of the primary ways that I do LUGNET research (and the way I used to do the research on (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Contributer Agreement v2

(...) Good suggestion given the way LUGNET is set up now. My main reason for posting revisions in the same thread is so the discussions following the various revisions can be linked. But, you are right, when it grows to over 100, then it becomes (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Fed UP!!!!!!!!

In lugnet.general, Ted Michon wrote: (snip and not picking on Ted in particular) I will not dispute, and *have* not disputed, the validity of the color topic as a topic that can and should be discussed on LUGNET. However I dispute that it is an (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.color, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Issue with profile and from field:

(...) Did you fill out a new posting setup when you changed your e-mail? Do you use the web interface or NNTP? If you fill out the posting setup form again, we can push it through and your setup should change. Frank (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Issue with profile and from field:

LUGNET Admin, Ted Michon in a reply to a post under lugnet.events pointed out something I had not noticed. Under the message header the From Field indicates: From: Todd Thuma <thumat@gactr.uga.SA...TOSPAMedu> My profile has long since been changed (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Problem with web interface word wrap

(...) I have had a couple of my posts do this recently, I post via the web interface. (URL) was a reply. (URL) was a new post. They display in preview mode correctly, but not once they are posted. The second time it happened I noticed that it wasn't (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Problem with web interface word wrap

(...) No it is also incorrectly wrapped in newsreaders, so it must be stored incorrectly. It would be useful to know which method was used to post it, maybe the wrapping works differently depending on posting method? ROSCO (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Problem with web interface word wrap

(...) Yeah, that was driving me nuts recently in the subfile mirroring thread. I'm pretty slow, so every time it happened I got frustrated when I couldn't find the reply button. For some reason that's the only button you have to scroll (and scroll) (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Problem with web interface word wrap

Todd, I'm sure you already know about this since I've been seeing this phenomenon for a while now. Every so often an article on the web interface doesn't word wrap properly. A perfect example of this is here: (URL) occurs on both Mozilla and IE so I (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Apply skip filter settings to searches.

(...) Why not? The folks in .debate cast aspersions all the time. (...) Maybe so, but bionicle isn't under off-topic, and isn't included in the default skip filters. Try the "animal" search youself. Imagine you're 8, searching for animal building (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Apply skip filter settings to searches.

(...) The "sewer"? That seems pejorative. You may no longer like debate but why cast aspersions? I could just as easily argue that I want .bionicle filtered out when searching at the top level as .debate with about as much validity. I think any hard (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Apply skip filter settings to searches.

(...) Well, most of the time you get two choices for news search, just not at the top level. How about giving us two choices at the top level as well? "News" would be everything we get now, minus .debate. "News (Everything)" could be what we get (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact