 Administrative / General / 11690 (-20)
  Link syntax problem in news readers

Is the problem of FTX formatted links not working properly in news readers still being worked on? I found this post about it from last year: (URL) am still having to edit urls in my web browser after clicking on them from my news reader and have (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Who made this?

(...) Yup, I just noticed it. Thanks for the heads up, though. Thing is, the confirmation e-mail took a while to reach me, and I then took a while to answer. I'm afraid I didn't check new posts in the meanwhile, sorry. I've noticed some of my (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jun-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Posting Help Needed

(...) Thanks Tim! I just got the conformation e-mail saying my info has ben updated. Once again thank you for your help, now I've got to go finish a MOC I've been working on! (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Intermittent problem: Server error viewing post

(...) I opened the hood and found that Perl was segfaulting when generating a couple of the webpages reported. I switched the shebang line to another version of Perl and that seems to have cleared it up. Segfaults in Perl are spooky. --Todd (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Intermittent problem: Server error viewing post

(...) I can view them all in my newsreader, and don't seem to be having any trouble posting, so I'm guessing it's only affecting the web viewer. But I could be wrong. ROSCO (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Intermittent problem: Server error viewing post

(...) Weird - I can view this message, and Kyle's (URL) and a couple of others on peerons ticker. Doesn't seem to be related to whether or not I've previously viewed them or anything else I can figure. ROSCO (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Intermittent problem: Server error viewing post

Various users are noticing various intermittent problems trying to view posts. I dunno if this one will even make it out there or not. People may not want to post long things that took a lot of work to compose, unless they have them saved away, till (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Posting Help Needed

(...) Yep, I was writing mine as his reply was being posted, it seems. Thanks fellows, I can already tell that the new changes (ie: more people with power) are really helping. ~Kevin Blocksidge (20 years ago, 22-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Posting Help Needed

(...) See Tim's reply. His instructions are correct whether you're a member or not. (20 years ago, 22-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Posting Help Needed

(...) I'm going to second this one. I am a member, and recently got a new e-mail. ~Kevin Blocksidge (20 years ago, 22-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Posting Help Needed

(...) Matt - Linked off of news.lugnet.com is this page: (URL) there, fill out the form with your new address, and submit. You should be good to go within 24hrs after that (someone will approve your new address to post). After that, the confirmation (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Posting Help Needed

First off, I'm not sure if this is in the right newsgroup, if it is not, I'm sorry. I'm not a LugNet member, but I do have posting priviledges, and do post occasionaly. I recently got a new e-mail address, and would like to know how to change the (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: i decided to

(...) I completely and thoroughly reject the notion that I was being mean. (...) I agree, we should make an effort to foster a generally positive environment here. I also value intelligent posts with reasonable effort given to composition and (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: i decided to

Original message cancelled, reposting with XFUT --> admin.general. (...) Regardless of those other forums being lax, here on LUGNET, people judge you based on how you conduct yourself. Since this is the internet, one of the few ways to evaluate that (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: i decided to

(...) This is, in my considered opinion, *off topic* for the off-topic.debate newsgroup as it has to do with the norms and standards of LUGNET itself. If you have an issue with the approach Tim, or anyone else, uses to try to improve things on (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)

  New LUG

Tim Courtney told me to send an e-mail to lugnet.admin.general to have CedarLUG added as a mailing list. I would appreciate: lugnet.org.us.cedarlug Here is some information about the LUG. Club Name - CedarLUG Interum President - Brian Pilati (Cedar (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Number of Search Hits?

(...) Hmm.. That explanation appears correct--I must have mis-interpreted what I was seeing previously. I'll try the "compact view." Thanks to you both for your input! Dave! (20 years ago, 16-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Number of Search Hits?

"Dan Boger" <dan@peeron.com> wrote in message news:20040615213343....ron.com... (...) LEGO) (...) displayed. (...) 10 (...) used to be (...) browsing of (...) Yup that seems right, except I seem to get 20 per page. You can use the compact form to (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Number of Search Hits?

(...) I thought the qn was how many results to skip - so by entering 100, you're skipping to page 10? Not sure though. (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Number of Search Hits?

I just noticed that a search on LUGNET for an generic term (such as LEGO) returns some 121000 hits, and the first ten relevant posts are displayed. (URL) one selects "next page" at the bottom, it brings up the next handful: (URL) if one changes the (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact