 Administrative / General / 11690
11689  |  11691
Subject:
Link syntax problem in news readers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 13:43:14 GMT

Is the problem of FTX formatted links not working properly in news readers still
being worked on?

I found this post about it from last year:

http://news.lugnet.com/admin/suggestions/?n=770

I am still having to edit urls in my web browser after clicking on them from my
news reader and have been doing so for the last year, at least.

A recent example is Tim Courtney's LPRIZE announcement:

I'd like to proudly introduce the [<http://www.lprize.com L PRIZE>].

This shows up as one long url in my news reader (Mozilla Mail/News 1.4) which I
then have to edit in order to remove the "L PRIZE" portion so that my browser
accepts the link as correct.

Any help for those who have continually had this problem?

--
Thomas Main
thomasmain@myrealbox.com