 Administrative / General / 11082
    New e-mail address for Frank Filz —Frank Filz
   My primary e-mail address has been getting absolutely swamped with junk mail, and my e-mail quota has been filling up in the space of a couple hours. This is resulting in me losing e-mail, so I am switching to a new e-mail address that is less (...) (21 years ago, 22-Sep-03, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.people)

        Re: New e-mail address for Frank Filz —Erik Olson
   (...) Do you mean in general, or have you noticed this weekend the worst swamping ever? Worms, *blasterus vermi* in particular. I think Verisign, the top-level administator of .net and .com, with their infamous withdrawal from the DNS and SMTP (...) (21 years ago, 22-Sep-03, to lugnet.people)

        Re: New e-mail address for Frank Filz —Frank Filz
     (...) Started Friday. There was a blast a couple weeks ago also, but that seemed concentrated on a single address so Earthlink's e-mail block worked. Earthlink has been singularly unresponsive to the issue. They keep telling me I can put my account (...) (21 years ago, 22-Sep-03, to lugnet.people)

         Re: New e-mail address for Frank Filz —Dave Schuler
     (...) For what it's worth, I've beeen inundated by ~174K emails for the past few days, too. I've never has so many options for the new "M$ Security Patch" or the latest male enhancement product. I wonder what kicked off the flood? I wish I could set (...) (21 years ago, 22-Sep-03, to lugnet.people)

         Re: New e-mail address for Frank Filz —Tim Courtney
     (...) The same here ... I've been getting these messages as well. Over 200 in the last 12hrs. I'm on a DSL, but its still taxing - it takes about 10 mins to download my mail in the mornings. I've turned off the chime in outlook too, because there (...) (21 years ago, 22-Sep-03, to lugnet.people)

         Re: New e-mail address for Frank Filz —Frank Filz
     (...) I've been using Earthlink's web mail to clear out the crud before trying to download e-mail. My new e-mail so far is staying clean. I am palnning on trying to keep the new address of the web. Of course one problem is that some of the viruses (...) (21 years ago, 22-Sep-03, to lugnet.people)

         Re: New e-mail address for Frank Filz —Tim Courtney
      (...) Interesting approach. I use Outlook and Cloudmark SpamNet ((URL) to filter spam. It does a pretty good job, getting about 95% of offending messages that come in. But, when I have to download hundreds of spam messages at a time, its still a (...) (21 years ago, 22-Sep-03, to lugnet.people)

         Re: New e-mail address for Frank Filz —Erik Olson
     (...) I have SquirrelMail webmail and the worm load is causing it to not function at all sometimes. Another tool is in Eudora (I have 5.1, 6 is much newer.) Eudora can be set to not download messages over a certain size so that only the first few (...) (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.people)

        Re: New e-mail address for Frank Filz —James Brown
   (...) I've been getting this dump as well, but my ISP is catching the virii and dumping them. As far as I can tell, my "normal" levels of spam and virii haven't changed, but I've been getting a steady stream of Swen.A (URL) top of that. Maybe a (...) (21 years ago, 22-Sep-03, to lugnet.people)