 People / 3835
Re: New e-mail address for Frank Filz
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 16:23:35 GMT

In lugnet.people, Frank Filz wrote:

Started Friday. There was a blast a couple weeks ago also, but that
seemed concentrated on a single address so Earthlink's e-mail block
worked. Earthlink has been singularly unresponsive to the issue. They
keep telling me I can put my account on the highest level of spam
blocking, where suspect e-mail goes into a special folder, and still
uses mail quota. Gee, what a solution...

At this point, I'd love to be able to shut off receiving attachments.
Anyone who legitimately needs to send me an attachment can find a place
to upload it to for me (like a Yahoo group).

For what it's worth, I've beeen inundated by ~174K emails for the past few days,
too.  I've never has so many options for the new "M$ Security Patch" or the
latest male enhancement product.  I wonder what kicked off the flood?

I wish I could set a filter to block any emails (or attachments) larger than,
say, 50K (or whatever size I choose).  Of course, since I'm on a free email
server, I guess I get what I pay for.

Dave!