 People / 3839
Re: New e-mail address for Frank Filz
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 17:44:52 GMT

In lugnet.people, Erik Olson wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Frank Filz wrote:
My primary e-mail address has been getting absolutely swamped with junk mail,

Do you mean in general, or have you noticed this weekend the worst swamping
ever? Worms, *blasterus vermi* in particular.

I've been getting this dump as well, but my ISP is catching the virii and
dumping them.  As far as I can tell, my "normal" levels of spam and virii
haven't changed, but I've been getting a steady stream of Swen.A

  http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.swen.a@mm.html

on top of that.  Maybe a dozen per hour, or so.

Not much I can do about it; tracing them back to find the real source invariable
stalls out at an ISP that isn't mine, which refuses to give me information or
co-operate because I'm not their customer.

James