 People / 3834
Re: New e-mail address for Frank Filz
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 16:14:32 GMT

Erik Olson wrote:

In lugnet.admin.general, Frank Filz wrote:
My primary e-mail address has been getting absolutely swamped with junk mail,

Do you mean in general, or have you noticed this weekend the worst swamping
ever? Worms, *blasterus vermi* in particular.

Started Friday. There was a blast a couple weeks ago also, but that
seemed concentrated on a single address so Earthlink's e-mail block
worked. Earthlink has been singularly unresponsive to the issue. They
keep telling me I can put my account on the highest level of spam
blocking, where suspect e-mail goes into a special folder, and still
uses mail quota. Gee, what a solution...

At this point, I'd love to be able to shut off receiving attachments.
Anyone who legitimately needs to send me an attachment can find a place
to upload it to for me (like a Yahoo group).

Of course I'm going to have to jump through some extra hoops to approve
this message... I still resist using the web interface...

Frank