 Administrative / General / 10835
Re: traffic page changes?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 2003 04:42:47 GMT

I have an easy answer, just put the width for the <td> to be width="100" and
colspan to be the proper amount.  This will make the cell very small, but
when the remainder of the table is drawn, the cell will be forced to
conform.  Therefore, even though cell width is 100 pixels, the cell will be
forced to be exactly the width of the remainder of the table.

:-D !  That should work!

Jeremy!
In lugnet.admin.general, Jeremy Scott writes:
My only suggestion, other than this is way better than the gray version you
have in the reply, is to align the "read once" paragraph to the edges of the
three tables.  Such as this:
[...]
The two sides of the paragraph will line up with the left border of the past
hour news section and the left border of the past weeks news section.  It
will look a lot nicer!

I thought about doing that, but... wouldn't the free-flowing intro text want
to take up the full width of the browser window, and cause the three columns
to be unnaturally wide or far-spaced?  I'm skeptical that it would render the
way we expect.

--Todd