 Administrative / General / 10812
Re: traffic page changes?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 01:33:53 GMT

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

If it's inadvertant (there are some symbol substitution errors on it), and

Sorry about that.  I used ' instead of ' in a couple places.  I forgot
that ' is only valid in XML (as opposed to all versions of HTML) and
Mozilla happened to display it correctly so I didn't even notice.  Anyway
thanks for reporting this.

OK so it wasn't an inadvertant layout change, then... what was wrong with
the old layout? This one seems less polished somehow but without a side by
side I can't quite put my finger on why.

Has this page always had the nonstandard "newsgroup-only" search box?
http://news.lugnet.com/news/traffic/
I know I've seen it before somewhere, but I assumed it was a forgotten
code relic from LUGNET's early days; I'm surprised to see it survived a
reworking of the page.

--
TWS Garrison
http://www.math.purdue.edu/~tgarriso/