 Administrative / Database / 1305
Re: Database Piece Count
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 16:14:51 GMT

In lugnet.admin.database, "Larry Pieniazek" writes:
This is relatively easy to implement in straight HTML... LUGNET already has
a remailer form processor which several people use.

No, you're the only one using it.

A couple of years ago it was used by ldraw.org -- I wrote a simple remailer
for Terry Keller to use for parts voting when the one he had been using at
some other site suddenly went dead.  I took that and extended it for your
factoring and train stuff, but it's not something that's in general use.

Just decide on the
fields you want, lay out a FORM that has those fields, put it in a page, put
the page somewhere, and crib from either of my two uses of the remailer:

http://my.voyager.net/~lar/MTW/MTW-2001colorSelector_JS.html (this one uses
javascript but you do NOT need to do that, I was using it to get image
reloading)

or the much older but still working fine:
http://my.voyager.net/~lar/factor_info_form_continued.html

to see how to set the tags up.

Oh my.  I thought I had made it clear that this was hush-hush when I asked
you to remove the text on your pages that credited me with helping out on
that part...and I thought I had asked specifically a couple of times that
you not draw attention to it.

The only thing left then is to decide who should get the email, and get the
guide database page generator to embed the link on every page it generates...

There are lots of other ways to do it as well, of course, but if mailing
someone the info is a good enough way to go, this does that.

Todd set this remailer up long long ago and it's pretty robust. I don't know
who else uses it besides me but it works great.

I made the remailer as a personal favor to you a long time ago and didn't
want its existence to be made known publicly.  It's not something for general
use and not something I want to support in any way.

Certainly I have no problem with it being used for internal LUGNET stuff but
this isn't the place to discuss that.

--
Todd S. Lehman | LUGNET Admin <todd@lugnet.com>