 Administrative / Database / 1269
Re: Database Piece Count
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 00:07:37 GMT

On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 10:09:57PM +0000, Lars Brandt wrote:
I like how LugNet keeps an inventory of all my sets that I purchase (by me
entering in the information), because it's cool to see how many bricks you
own.  But there are a lot of sets that are in the database but do not have a
piece count.

True.  However, we do not have the piece count for those sets.  We need
someone who owns the set, or a catalog that mentions it, to tell us what
the piece count is...  we'd love to update the database, just give us
the data :)

Can someone update the piece count for some of these older sets from the
late 70s and 80s?  Can you ballpark it?  Should it be left to a public vote
for what people think is the piece count?

Personally, I'd rather see a '?' than an entry that says "around 800".
No data is better than inaccurate data.  But this is a decision that
should be made by Suz and Todd.

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com