 Administrative / Database / 1291
Re: Database Piece Count
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 04:08:04 GMT

On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 03:55:47AM +0000, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
ahhh... a reason like the if you just mailed it to the group, someone
would have to auth the message? :)  though that might be a good thing,
if we allow people to put in just any email as the "from", we'd want to
make sure that it's a valid one...

Which is why I am thinking, let it be mailed to some lucky DB admin for
review... (do you guys take turns watching, or is it whoever gets to fix it
first, or what?) rather than posting it. That completely reuses the
componentry that exists now.

either way works for me.  I just like the fact that it's viewable by
all, so people can see what info was submitted - maybe help avoid double
postings.  If someone wants to flood the newsgroup, they can now just as
easily...  And if we want it by mail, well, that's why you can subscribe
:)

as for taking turns?  no, nothing that formal.  It's first come first
serve :)  whoever happens to get to a post first does it.

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com