 Administrative / Database / 1286
Re: Database Piece Count
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 03:14:41 GMT

In lugnet.admin.database, Dan Boger writes:
On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 02:42:56AM +0000, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
The only thing left then is to decide who should get the email, and get the
guide database page generator to embed the link on every page it
generates...

how about just have it autopost to the admin.db newsgroup?  that way
it's on record, anyone can see what's been submitted, etc...?

Could do... I don't think the remailer is set up that way currently though.
Why don't you hack around with a form that uses it and see if you can
autopost to lugnet.test by mailing to the news gateway or something?

What Todd did for me is just a FORM-to-mailer, nothing more. At the time he
did it there weren't other FORM-to-mailers easily available to people that
didn't have cgi on their own servers. The control you get is that you can
set who the mail goes to, that's about it.

One issue is that I would hate to see someone use it to flood the newsgroup
with garbage. Flooding someone's inbox isn't quite as bad.