 Administrative / Database / 1125
Re: Top 50 LEGO sets of all time
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 14:00:35 GMT

David Eaton wrote:

In lugnet.admin.database, Frank Buiting writes:
What struck me as interesting is that (old) idea books (6000, 8888) made it
in the top ranks of the best rated sets.

Yeah, I was also suprised by the 'accessory' sets:

   26.   93.33    9   7860 Remote Controlled Signal with Straight Track

I don't see any problem with folks rating that one. If I was into 12V
trains I'd probably rate it high also.

   43.   91.36   22   4515 Straight Tracks

That certainly is unusual, but I suspect that it mostly is an "error"
due to the small sample size (none of the sets has more than 100 votes).
I've only rated a tiny and probably somewhat bizarre portion of my sets
and I bet I'm not alone, so that type of thing really skews the results
(I'm not sure if I've rated any of my favorite sets - ok, I do seem to
have rated 6277).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com