 Administrative / Curators / 293
Re: Your new .space curator :-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 21:11:23 GMT

In lugnet.admin.curators, Jon Palmer writes:
http://news.lugnet.com/space/

I'd like to formally introduce myself as the .space curator:

Sorry I am chiming into this thread a little late (and admittedly I haven't
read it all, so sorry if this ends up as a 'me too' post).  I just wanted to
take a moment to say that I love the changes made so far to the .space
sidebar in the web interface.

The idea of a monthly seed-part to inspire people is a great way to overcome
builder's-block and add even more discussion to the group (although I don't
have this month's part *sigh*).

I also love the "space computer of the month" segment.  Haha!  Now there's a
part I have plenty of!  ...And you know what?  Since I sorted my collection
to include a big box of decorated elements, whenever I build a space MOC, I
look through that box for just the right computer, and at least 60% of the
time I find this month's classic design is the one I choose.  I think what I
like about it is that it implies versatility.  Some of the 2x2 computers
have a big screen but nothing else, others have a great set of crosshairs or
radar, but no other controls.  But this old standby offers a little bit of
everything.  It is arguably the best 2X2 sloped computer to use in a small
cockpit where you want to simulate a variety of controls but with only one
computer piece.

Great job so far Mr. Space Curator!

Cheers,
-Hendo