 Administrative / Curators / 276
Re: Your new .space curator :-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 23:26:31 GMT

"Gil Shaw" <NIXtoradochSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:H6ws5o.J9t@lugnet.com...
Formally congrats on your ascension to the upper echelons of .spacedom, • Jon!

I quite like the changes so far...particularily the featured part of the
month.  Those computers were treasured commodities in the early • days...nice
to see they get their comeuppance.

A long time ago I was actually throwing around the idea of a small page for
computer slopes and tiles, possibly on the Shipyard.  I then saw how Dave
was featuring parts for the .mecha group so decided it would be fitting
here.  Do you think I should have a link in the review to the part on
bricklink?

The featured MOC is great too.  I basically browse straight to .space and
having a graphic featuring a new MOC is a great segway into the threads.
Will there be some way we will be able to vote for this, or would it be
taken from a highlighted thread?  Regardless, Bram's creation is starting • it
out on a high note.

Thanks.  This started as a list of 5 new MOCs.  I changed it at the last
minute because this will be easier to update and it looks better (all the
thumbnails were different sizes).
I was actually going to use your Santa Pod MOC but you don't have real
thumbs on your site. ;-)  I'll certainly work on a voting system if you guys
like, I had just planned on selecting a stand-out MOC every week or so
though.

Further, should these be archived in a sub page as well?

The links page would be good for those not familiar with the community. • If
the site linked to belongs to a member, perhaps that could be noted as
well....even linked to their profile page?  This way, if you see someone • in
the threads and you would like to see more of their stuff, it's easy to
identify them on the links page.

Great idea.

Looking good!

Thanks!