 Administrative / Curators / 286
Re: Your new .space curator :-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 15:01:22 GMT

In lugnet.admin.curators, Jon Palmer writes:

A long time ago I was actually throwing around the idea of a small page for
computer slopes and tiles, possibly on the Shipyard.  I then saw how Dave
was featuring parts for the .mecha group so decided it would be fitting
here.  Do you think I should have a link in the review to the part on
bricklink?

The bricklink link is a fantastic idea.  I suppose if there is some way to
link it into the results page of a search criteria for the part, that would
keep it the most current.  Just brainstorming....no idea if this is possible
or feasible from a coding standpoint.

Thanks.  This started as a list of 5 new MOCs.  I changed it at the last
minute because this will be easier to update and it looks better (all the
thumbnails were different sizes).
I was actually going to use your Santa Pod MOC but you don't have real
thumbs on your site. ;-)  I'll certainly work on a voting system if you guys
like, I had just planned on selecting a stand-out MOC every week or so
though.

Curse my lazy habits!  Teaches me for being too shiftless to open Paintshop
and do some editing!
Voting would definately be fun so long as there is participation by the
crew. Perhaps it would be fun to do a running tally for the month (or
whatever period time allows), at which the top vote earner would be put into
a Space Hall of Fame as Adrian had suggested? Or, all of them could be put
into the Hall, acting as an archive (this might be the more feasible of the
2 options administratively).

This seems like a lot of work for you Jon.  The changes made so far are
excellent...I'm sure whatever else is implemented to lesser or greater
degrees will only make the place better.

Cheers,
-G