 Administrative / Curators / 271
Re: Your new .space curator :-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 14:56:12 GMT

Formally congrats on your ascension to the upper echelons of .spacedom, Jon!

I quite like the changes so far...particularily the featured part of the
month.  Those computers were treasured commodities in the early days...nice
to see they get their comeuppance.

The featured MOC is great too.  I basically browse straight to .space and
having a graphic featuring a new MOC is a great segway into the threads.
Will there be some way we will be able to vote for this, or would it be
taken from a highlighted thread?  Regardless, Bram's creation is starting it
out on a high note.

The links page would be good for those not familiar with the community.  If
the site linked to belongs to a member, perhaps that could be noted as
well....even linked to their profile page?  This way, if you see someone in
the threads and you would like to see more of their stuff, it's easy to
identify them on the links page.

Looking good!

Cheers,
-G

In lugnet.admin.curators, Jon Palmer writes:
http://news.lugnet.com/space/

I'd like to formally introduce myself as the .space curator:

Hi.

I've made a few changes to the sidebar, however before I started doing much
more I thought It would be a good idea to start a discussion about what you
guys would like on the page.

To start off, here was one idea I had:

-Link list.  A seperate page (like: /space/links) with just about as many
Space related links as we can gather up.  Maybe 2 categories, "creator" and
"resource"

So now it's your turn.  What do you think would be cool to have on the
sidebar, or linked to it?

Also, let me know what you think so far.

Thanks!

_ j o n