 Administrative / Curators / 278
Re: Your new .space curator :-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 23:39:49 GMT

"Adrian Drake" <tremor@apk.net> wrote in message
news:H6wtDw.My7@lugnet.com...
Link lists are cool, but they're a bear to keep updated.  A Space "Hall Of
Fame" would be kind of nifty too, sort of like those Mecha Hall Of Fame
people, though a model of the month might be easier to admin.

The link list will certainly be a chore to setup but I think it will pay off
in the long run.  I also fully understand that links in these lists are
always changing.  I'm cool with that, it's how the net works.  I'm going to
see about getting the help from a few people to get it running, and then
aside from the normal "report dead links" message on the page, I'll go
through every few months or so and weed out any dead ones I find, and add
any new sites.

I was thinking something like this might be a good way to set it up.
A different person could grab links for the following:

- Builders - I could do this one because it would be the most time
consuming.
- Resources
- Brickshelf Galleries
- Japanese builders  (I'm totally serious, I think these guys have so many
good ideas that they could have a category of their own.

I like the idea of the space piece of the week.  How about an ongoing
evolution of the Lame Parts contest.  Every week/month/whatever, another
part is chosen.  It doesn't have to be lame or anything, just some part.
Then, whenever someone makes a new creation during that part's time frame,
they try to incorporate it into the design.  Sort of like a .space easter
egg, if you will.

Great idea!  "This months part is _______ .  How can you use it in a
creation?"

Thanks!