 Administrative / Curators / 127 (-20)
  Curator for build.mecha

I've received offers to curate build.mecha from a number of people, but I don't intend to assign it to anyone for a while. I don't feel it's urgent and I want everyone to cool off. BTW, noise in this thread: (URL) getting really irritating. Please (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: How to get link pages made

(...) That was done months ago, but thanks for reitterating what's been done already. (...) :) (...) Ah, so I guess she's never dealt with the person who volunteered, but got no response from her. That was the person who finally walked away (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  Chain of command (Was:Re: How to get link pages made)

(...) Darn right! Far too many times has info been 'given' by one of LUGNET's policemen (myself included), only to be corrected by Suz at a later time. I learned my lesson long ago to let the 'official' source answer rather than to incur the wrath (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Whoo Hoo Links are good to go!

(...) Thanks Eric, but IMO a brickshelf account hardly counts as a website. (...) BTW what about Sun's website? (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: Whoo Hoo Links are good to go!

I humbly ask that my site: "Bigs Lego Herc Bay" be added too. (URL) will find hercs and mechs and many different combat machine designs. Right now the site is offline as the server is undergoing a much needed upgrade. Bill (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: How to get link pages made

(...) This seems to express a basic misunderstanding of the way Lugnet is run. From what I can tell, there is no "Admin staff" around here. The administration of Lugnet is done by fans who have been major contributors to the community(1), who (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: How to get link pages made

(...) :-) that's not necessary. (...) don't worry about it. (...) I know. (...) I think they do care. (...) That's not the important thing. I'd actually be most happy to see you relax. build on, Suz (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: Help Please Links! -----> .Mecha

(...) I would probably have time to assist with this, despite being a newbie to FTX. If anyone else is interested and has time to giving something back to Lugnet in this way please post here and email me. We can discuss the structure of what we (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Whoo Hoo Links are good to go!

Correction it's Stuart Immonen with one "N" (sorry) (...) Legomaster (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Whoo Hoo Links are good to go!

...da da da....all you need is Love, hmm hmm hmmm, all you need is Love Love, love is all you need. (And a behemoth load of Bricks) !!!!!! My everloving thanks. Please add a link to Bryce McGlone's Brickshelf Gallery, His creations are the Bomb! (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: Help Please Links! -----> .Mecha

I would like to thank you very much. If you are curator, I thought that I could give you some assistance. I would done the job myself, but I am not a full member, I just lurk and post every once in a while. I have compiled a small list of link (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: How to get link pages made

Suz, where would you like to eat, what Lego Set do you want, and I'll be sending a C note from my next paycheck to be sure. Suz, about the posts this morning. I worked last night and stayed up half the day. I was WAY to tired to be thinking clearly. (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: Help Please Links! -----> .Mecha

Yeah! That's the Spirit Rob!!! great! Let's see what the next step would be. I'll be at work all night, so perhaps I'll add your request and send it Admin. Can we see if others are interested that know FTX first? If not, it's all yours. We just need (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: How to get link pages made

(...) The average number of participants in .mecha have no relation to my not having time to make sure its links are up to date. (...) You can be sure it's nothing personal. I don't make any calls as to what 'deserves' to be added. (...) I probably (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: Help Please Links! -----> .Mecha

(...) Fair enough. I'm still quite interested in the .build.mecha curatorship. After all, I took it upon myself to do the research needed in order to help keep .build.mecha a comprehensive resource for it's users. I feel I've got the basics of FTX (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Help Please Links! -----> .Mecha

(...) What are the obligations of the curator. If the links just have to be kept up to date, I'm sure I could do it, or learn how. I don't have a site to add (heck, I don't even have any decent mecha to show!), but I'd be happy to help out in any (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: Help Please Links! -----> .Mecha

(...) [...] Perhaps one or more of the existing curators who have figured out how it is done can be drafted to write such instructions....? Remember the 3 most important things in management: "delegate, delegate, delegate." --Bill. (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  How to get link pages made

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, David Koudys writes: <a bunch of good stuff... thanks. Great analogy to property tax by the way!> I just want to comment on this bit: (...) David: FTX is not that hard to learn to do the basics. It's way way was easier (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: Help Please Links! -----> .Mecha

(...) Yes, it's much more work that people might imagine. I have an enormous workload, which unfortunately leaves link updates lower priority than many other tasks. For me, even taking the time to automate recurring tasks, or to assign a task (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.publish, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Help Please Links! -----> .Mecha

(...) As someone who has tried to keep up a comprehensive links page, I agree that it's way too much work. Most of what I did was done during a period of time where my work responsibilities only filled about 20% of my time. A partial problem also is (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.publish)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact