 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 841 – 860 of about 2200.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: All UK Groups subscribed?

(...) Acknowledged. I'll work out a plan (like Richard is) and see how it fits together then do a vote or something so everyone is more or less happy. (...) I can understand Northern Ireland being seperate because it is only linked by boat and plane (...) (25 years ago, 16-May-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.212)

  Re: error message question

(...) A hunch -- you have your mail/nntp client set up to send messages in HTML (bad client! naughty client! :-) This is generally not polite to do, since the majority of people reading this, and the majority of bots handling this, expect plain text (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jun-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.211)

  Re: Outlook Express problems

Todd, Unfortunately, I have used 2 different versions of OE. I am currently using the most recent version available. I will probably have to switch to a different newsreader. I wonder if it has to do with using OE for news only and using Outlook for (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jun-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.210)

  Re: Cracking down on unauthorized image links

(...) In a fairly bitchy little way. :) (...) Hrmmmm, assumptions, relying on ignorance, and multiple wrongs possibly making a right, all roled into one. :) (...) That's the only really legitimate thing I think he said, and you can solve that (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jun-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.210)

  Re: Sorry for the double posting

Hi Todd, First, thanks for the help. (...) It looked like this; Marcus wrote a new message using the web.interface and then pressed "submit". However, an error screen appreared saying that something was wrong with the mail settings, and that the (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jun-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.209)

  De Bouwsteen - LEGO club

Eric Brok schreef, (...) Eric/Nico, Does your Bouwsteen club have a URL or online presence? Since LUGNET is an acronym which stands for LEGO Users Group Network (that is, a network of LEGO user groups and/or clubs), one of its main purposes is to (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jun-99, to lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.209)

  Re: De Bouwsteen - LEGO club

Todd, I didn't know you could read/understand Dutch. Again you amaze me (in the good sence!) Mark "Speaking and reading three languages myself" de Kock "Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> on 10-06-99 19:14:23 To: lugnet.loc.nl@lugnet.com, (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jun-99, to lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.209)

  Line wrapping in DAT files.

Kevin B <kevinb01@netfocus.net> wrote in message news:FDFz59.6wp@lugnet.com... (...) Todd, Is there any possibility of curing this line-wrapping problem at the LUGNET end? I'm wondering if there is any difference in the CR/LF codes between those (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jun-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.209)

  Re: Line wrapping in DAT files.

(...) No, there's no way to detect the difference without doing some extremely clever parsing/gymnastics on the text. DAT files in news articles are just plain text. (...) Maybe. I would just recommend always posting DAT files via the web interface. (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jun-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.208)

  Re: Interface changes

(...) There is red on that page? :) (...) Well.... I liked the subject being the link, but you've already "fixed" that. I don't know, I'm very accustomed to the click on a subject line to read the message, whether it's in a newsready, mail client, (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jun-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.208)

  Re: Clear line between Auctions and Trades

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) I've seen a few crossover situations which might be candidates. I've seen auctions which indicate that items may be withdrawn for trade. The implication is that if you offer a trade the auctioneer likes, he'll (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jun-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

mail
(score: 1.208)

  Re: memberships

(...) If the AucZILLA interface were available to me right now, and if it also supported web bidding in addition to e-mail, and if it did what I've always envisioned (I tell it I have 10 copies of set XXXX and it spits out lots for me to approve, (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jun-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.207)

  Re: succession strategy if catastrophe

(...) All right, good enough then. Let's start with the most important stuff -- all the news messages and the sets DB. I'll make tarballs of these and e-mail you (and Larry, assuming he's interested) with details about where to grab them from. Or if (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jun-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.207)

  lugnet.com upgrade/downtime/heads-up

This is a general "FYI" heads-up... The lugnet.com server is due for a slight overhaul to upgrade the OS from FreeBSD 2.1.7 to 2.2.7. When exactly this will occur is not set in stone, but I'll post more when I know more. Hopefully sometime in the (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jun-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce)

mail
(score: 1.207)

  Re: take a piece, leave a piece -- traveling box of LEGO

I LOVE boxtrot. Let's get a group asap as the posts are spread all over... Forget the mail part as it's not a given that boxes will move via mail. Actually it's not a given that the pieces will move in boxes. So I vote for mixorama. or boxtrot, what (...) (25 years ago, 9-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.207)

  Re: succession strategy if catastrophe

(...) Actually, that wouldn't be -too- bad. No one would probably even notice anything had happened for one or two weeks (and then only because of silence). It would probably take about a week to satisfy red-tape requirements (whatever they are; (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jun-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.207)

  Temp pic space on LUGNET

Wouldn't it be nice to have a temp storage bin for pics on LUGNET. I often have pics of work in progress that I would like to get commnets on but don't want to mail attachments (and that aren't really worth having on my sight). Somehow email them to (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jun-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.207)

  (canceled)

mail
(score: 1.207)

  Re: Allocation of member #'s

(...) I think they're missing the first year or so of RTL and the first two years or so of ATL. But even if you could go back and check those definitively, what do you do about people who lurked for along time first (and maybe still participated, (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.207)

  Re: Allocation of member #'s

(...) Well, short of slurping all the old ATL and RTL posts, and automatically assigning lugnet id's based on the oldest post from each e-mail id, it sounds pretty reasonable to me. As long as you randomized the exact numbers after the selection (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.207)

More:  Next Page >>