 Administrative / General / 1807
Re: Sorry for the double posting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 07:42:11 GMT

Hi Todd,

First, thanks for the help.

In lugnet.robotics, Todd Lehman writes:
Do you recall what error message Marcus received when he posted?  Also, is
it possible that he pressed the 'Esc' key or the browser's 'Stop' button
while posting the first message, upon realizing that it was missing his
site's URL, but the first message still got through?

It looked like this; Marcus wrote a new message using the web.interface and
then pressed "submit". However, an error screen appreared saying that something
was wrong with the mail settings, and that the meassage had failed.

This happended twice. So we are pretty sure he did not anything during the
"submit".

(The reason the second message was different, was that I suggested some
"improvements" to his first message. What else are parents for??)

I actually expect the same error to happen now, when I submit this message
using Marcus' settings. If so, I will copy and post the error message in a
follow-up to this mail in a few minuttes from now.

regards

Franz-Michael

--
Franz-Michael S. Mellbin