 Administrative / General / 1812
Re: error message question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 13 Jun 1999 02:40:33 GMT

dkrenz wrote:
I have a question about an error I sometimes get when I try to post a
response to a message.
"news NNTP error occured
cannot accept HTML/MIME encoded messages"

A hunch -- you have your mail/nntp client set up to send messages in HTML
(bad client!  naughty client!  :-)  This is generally not polite to do,
since the majority of people reading this, and the majority of bots handling
this, expect plain text and plain text only.  Unfortunately, this is enabled
by default in Communicator.

I use Netscape Communicator.

I'm using version 4.5.  I'm guessing that your version is pretty close, if
not the same.

Try this:  Go to the "Edit" menu, select "Preferences", choose "Formatting"
on the left-hand panel, and in the right-hand panel, select both "Use the
plain text editor to compose messages" and "Convert the message into plain
text".

Let me know if this workd for you.

Cheers,
- jsproat