 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 621 – 640 of about 2200.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  link labels

(...) If any links are showing up wrong in someone's plain-text news/mail reader (meaning that the clickable link is underlined wrongly), by all means please make a screenshot and let's assess the damage. Most likely the news/mail client is just (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 0.387)

  Re: Newest Members

(...) Thanks, Benjamin. I moved recently to a new place, which took a toll on me (physically and emotionally) and also don't yet have a reliable Internet connection at home, so my online time has been spotty lately. There have been some other life (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.387)

  Re: Message date anomoly?

(...) Hmmm, I don't recall ever seeing this happen before either, but I'll bet it happens a lot (or at least more often than we notice). Here's what the logs say happened: John posted the message on June 7 using the web interface. He wasn't signed (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

mail
(score: 0.387)

  Re: Lugnet.robotics and the Robotics List

Matthew Miller wrote in message ... (...) This is a possibility that would provide at least one group with a semi-guaranteed semblance of order, but it does not address the problem still existing on the mail list, and thus the proposed (...) (26 years ago, 16-Dec-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 0.387)

  Re: Message date anomoly?

"Todd Lehman" <todd@lugnet.com> skrev i meddelandet news:HGLK4o.JG9@lugnet.com... (...) using (...) confirmation. (...) the (...) Yeah, this happens to me all the time. Mostly my posts are sent the day _after_ I write them (If I don't remember to (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jun-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.387)

  link labels

(...) Definitely! However, the FTX link notation was designed to work flawlessly with plain text. If your news or mail reader isn't displaying the links correctly, it's broken! --Todd (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 0.387)

  link labels

(...) Nope, you didn't do anything bad -- your links were beautiful. :-) (...) It's conceivable that there might be a really poorly written miscreant newsreader/e-mail client in existence out there somewhere that get confused and think that the (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.387)

  Re: link labels

(...) Actually, back in 1994, which is when RFC1738 was written, there was all sorts of discussion about URN's (Universal Resource Names), URI's (Univesal Resource Identifiers), and URL's (Universal Resource Locators). The concept is that a URN (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jun-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.387)

  link labels

(...) They're not actually broken in plain text format -- Chris was merely confused by seeing the spaces and thought they were broken. (...) It really shouldn't be a problem. But if you choose plain text and omit the <>'s around the URL, make sure (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 0.387)

  Re: link labels

Todd: (...) Yes. Mozilla does. I'm 99% sure that Eudora does as well. I'm quite sure that there are many others. Since I do not run Microsoft products, I have no idea what they do. (...) The relevant RFC is RFC1738 in the appendix. Alas, most people (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jun-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 0.387)

  Re: Individual Membership enrollment now open

(...) I'm guessing that Chris must be receiving the post either via news or mail, rather than over the web interface. This sort of confusion does seem to be on the upswing now... not sure whether anything can actually be done to remediate it. (all (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 0.387)

  Sugesttion

Hey Todd, how about when you post to a group you don't normally use, you get the reply's to your post sent to you automatically via E-mail. Occaisionally I post to groups that I don't subscribe to, and I then have to keep checking the web interface (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 0.386)

  Re: Legos role in Anti-terrorism

(...) I'm assuming she was pleased to hear of LEGO in a rather odd place and pleased to hear that Joseph can participate. (as are many of us I am sure (1) ) I suspect she overlooked the para you cited rather than endorsed it per se. I think your (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.terms)

service
(score: 0.386)

  Re: ">" line wrapping subtleties

(...) Normally, no, but in this case I was going through and doing heavy tweakage to the original text to make it a bit more interesting to read. (...) Er, sorta. I actually did most of the reformat myself, by deleting ">" marks in the middle of (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jun-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.386)

  Re: "The Matrix:Reloaded " & "X2 :X-Men United" available in DVD now

(...) It looks normal, regardless of whether I use carriage returns to seperate the lines, or if I let the lines wrap to the ">" marks. (...) It would be a lot easier to tell if it's fixed if I had tried to do this before you tweaked it so I could (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jun-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.386)

  Re: Signature Image Abuse

(...) Yes, one per e-mail address. So you can have different sigs if you post from multiple addresses. --Todd (21 years ago, 29-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

mail
(score: 0.385)

  Re: Avatars?

(...) What it it were (optionally) as simple as *zero* clicks -- automatically turned on or off based on subnet? That's how I think things like 'From:' line selection should default (for people who have two e-mail addresses that they post from). If (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 0.385)

  Re: "The Matrix:Reloaded " & "X2 :X-Men United" available in DVD now

(...) About the same as the original message. (...) I do lots of similar clean-up in my e-mail replies, and I might not have remembered to put carriage returns in when shifting the ">" marks around. I just did a preview on this message, and it was (...) (21 years ago, 31-May-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.385)

  Re: // and ** vs {} and [] (was: testing in rtl...)

(...) Can't speak for Mozilla, but OEQuotefix doesn't react on the above line (or any other of Brian's suggestions), it seems to only process special characters at the beginning, and ending, of a word, and does nothing if special chars overlap, like (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.385)

  Re: Signature Image Abuse

(...) Suggestions on limit values? Standard sig size according to RFC 1855 (URL) 4 lines -- but that's a "rule of thumb" and not something written in stone (I think 'rn' or some other newsreader I used once upon a time enforced it, however). I'm (...) (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 0.385)

More:  Next Page >>