 General / 33864
Re: Legos role in Anti-terrorism
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 15:29:00 GMT

In lugnet.general, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
"Joseph Cardana" <jcardana@vinson.navy.mil> writes:

   There are some people who disagree with Bush's plan against
terrorism and that's just fine.  Just as long as they don't forget
who it is who gives them the freedom to disagree.

What about the freedom to live where you were born without the fear of
having your home bombed?  Does it apply to people from Afghanistan?

I originally thought that lugnet.general was not for politics
discussions.  However, seeing that the administrator apparently endorsed
the original post, I may have misunderstood this.

I'm assuming she was pleased to hear of LEGO in a rather odd place and
pleased to hear that Joseph can participate.  (as are many of us I am sure
(1) ) I suspect she overlooked the para you cited rather than endorsed it
per se.

I think your comments probably belong in .debate and I suppose you can argue
that one para referenced perhaps did as well.

Just my opinion.

1 - Piro of www.megatokyo.com related that he had heard that servicemen
could not just browse websites at will. He was working on a way to send them
the strip images because he had gotten several emails telling of servicemen
whose morale was boosed by the strip, was there a way to continue.

I speculate that Joseph is using the email link  to LUGNET if this website
prohibition is actually in effect for his service (no idea if it is or not).
It may be quite a bit harder to crosspost or set FUT correctly if you're not
a regular email link user... I know I would have trouble doing it. Doesn't
mean that people shouldn't try but I am gonna cut someone on board a carrier
a bit more slack than I would other people.

++Lar