 Off-Topic / Debate / 14521
Re: Legos role in Anti-terrorism
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 23:09:55 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dave Johann writes:
In lugnet.general, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
"Joseph Cardana" <jcardana@vinson.navy.mil> writes:

   There are some people who disagree with Bush's plan against
terrorism and that's just fine.  Just as long as they don't forget
who it is who gives them the freedom to disagree.

What about the freedom to live where you were born without the fear of
having your home bombed?  Does it apply to people from Afghanistan?

I originally thought that lugnet.general was not for politics
discussions.  However, seeing that the administrator apparently endorsed
the original post, I may have misunderstood this.

Fredrik

Well, Fredrik, technically speaking debates go in .off-topic.debate. Joseph • made
a statement which many of us wouldn't have thought to be political in nature
upon first viewing it. Your reply made me review it again. I'm not certain
whether or not it truly belongs in .general anymore.

Now, as to the other part of your reply which pushes this into .off-
topic.debate:

Yes, it does apply to the Afghani people. It does not apply to the Taliban
regime or the terrorist factions it harbors. They were given ample opportunity
to comply in the wake of the September 11th tragedy. They chose to ignore us • and
subject their people to the retribution intended for Osama bin Laden. That was
their choice. Period.

Yep. Just as the American government chose to ignore other warnings (alleged)
from bin Laden - US embassy in Kenya, USS Cole...

When you don't play by the rules, you pay the price.

You pay the price for other things too.

In this case, the Taliban
are forcing their people to pay the price for them. I feel for the people of
Afghanistan as they didn't ask for what is happening any more than we asked • for
the 9/11/01 tragedies to occur. They are paying the price of governmental
interference the same way we did on 9/11/01.

Is it fair? Nope.

Is it right? Nope.

Is it happening? Yep.

All because a small group of men refuse to give up their 'power' to make • things
right again.

Agreed.

ROSCO