 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 601 – 620 of about 2200.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Change in LUGNET news appearance

(...) I'm happy to be helpful. The Google ads aren't irritating at all (they have a very good ads system) but it is important to don't make the whole webpage annoying (a bad layout makes it non user-friendly). Anyway, here you can see how I see the (...) (17 years ago, 15-Dec-07, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

service
(score: 1.751)

  Line wrapping

Todd, Most of the time I forget to clean up long lines. Sorry about that, but they don't look long when I type them. I was curious as to why lugnet doesn't do that automatically, or should I even ask? Since I'm not an administrator I have no idea of (...) (26 years ago, 9-Dec-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

service
(score: 1.751)

  Re: Important: Index rebuild under way and some other issues

Mike Walsh schrieb: (...) Hi Mike, I have enabled both port 8000 and 8080 (due to other user requests) for NNTP. We are now monitoring port usage and will decide later on, which one of these two is going to stay. Currently it's about 50:50, so the (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jun-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

service
(score: 1.751)

  Re: memberships

(...) It would also be arguably less valuable, becuase you'd have to go through all the work of establishing the inventory, and keying it in. But requiring the auctioneer to supply the inventory also makes the whole idea more practical, because the (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jun-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

service
(score: 1.751)

  Re: markup syntax for member pages

(...) heh heh, well, I guess geocities is out of the picture now, given the bad press they're getting: (URL) this whole recent Yahoo!/GeoCities stink yet another reason not to do full HTML hosting here. Not out of fear, but out of wisdom. The more (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

service
(score: 1.751)

  Re: Message awaiting authentication

I don't want to use the web client. It's clunky. With NNTP, I can read posts offline, choose my NNTP client (thus finding a UI that is right for me), etc. Thanks for the info though. Now I know that throwing $10 at lugnet won't fix the problem. I (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp)

service
(score: 1.751)

  Re: Access a LEGO set DB with your phone!

(...) that is returned when you do queries of the form: (URL) Chris, are you loading data in the background to generate static content (which is what I think) or are you parsing info from the guide in real time? The latter might be an interesting (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

service
(score: 1.751)

  Re: Marion helmets, dark gray, 100-300

(...) Hmm... this is almost, but not *quite* true: To quote Brad's posting: # The beauty of this system is that it potentially allows us # to manufacture elements which we are not currently producing - which # will give you the ability to (...) (24 years ago, 4-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

service
(score: 1.751)

  Let's define what an auction announcement/update is

New thread here...on the coattails of a controversial thread in .admin.general and in response to Frank Filz's post: (URL) define (as best we can) what constitutes an auction announcement or update. Then we can link to that definition from the Terms (...) (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.faq, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

service
(score: 1.751)

  Re: Bulleid Leader

(...) Dear Lukas, You have had your behaviour pointed out by me twice ((URL) here> and (URL) here>). Someone else has also agreed with my point (URL) here>. Why are you continuing to behave in a disrespectful manner? I tried to send the above to (...) (18 years ago, 16-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

service
(score: 1.751)

  A few ideas

Here's a few comments and ideas. It's great news that LUGNET might go commercial. With dedicated staff and paid part-timers maintaining the project it will certainly improve and grow. Some of my suggestions may go against the 'charter' for this (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.finance)

service
(score: 1.751)

  Re: CFD: lugnet.theme.*

I disagree with breaking down the auction and trade groups further - although I know I only am looking for a few things, I think that breaking them down and making them easier to use _might_ squelch momentum. Secretly, however, I have another (...) (26 years ago, 18-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

service
(score: 1.751)

  A Question on Logging in and posting

Hi, Todd; I've logged into LUGNET from a machine that I usually don't use, and therefore are not logged in from my usual IP (it's static on my work machine). I have logged in using my member information, but everytime I reply to a message, or start (...) (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

service
(score: 1.751)

  Re: what makes a train set a set?

(...) I didn't lay out the sub-categories for the train stuff so I'm speculating here, but I'm thinkin' that prolly what Joshua meant by "train cars" was "sets where the main model has wheels that go on train tracks"...? (As opposed to sets which (...) (25 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.database)

service
(score: 1.751)

  Re: blowharding (was: Re: No promises when I'll be done, but...)

(...) into (...) <insert voice of moderation> Well, Matthew Moulton has been, IMO and in the apparant majority of opinions, a jerk today. *BUT* If you search back, you'll notice that he's been an infrequent, generally reasonable poster for upwards (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.terms)

service
(score: 1.751)

  Lugnet clone handling? (was: Re: LEGO clone auction)

(...) Macs::Windows? Oh no - let's not go there.... Actually the Lego/Apple comparison is not that far off. Both have intense user loyalty; both (well Apple until recently) have very screwed up marketing practices. It is sad to go into store after (...) (26 years ago, 25-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

service
(score: 1.751)

  Re: Incorrect group posting [was RE: cartoonnetwork.com is having an online contest]

(...) chipping (...) people (...) I know what you mean...the purpose of multiple newsgroups is to make it *easier* for people to read what they want, not to divide things up so much that you have to scour 74 different newsgroups to figure out where (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

service
(score: 1.751)

  Re: A letter to Todd

(...) I can't speak for the "majority of us", but I for one do not see how you could assume that the majority of the lugnet community believes that what Todd has done is wrong. Personally, when things are agreeable to me, I speak very little of it. (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

service
(score: 1.751)

  Re: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET

(...) I think I'm with Larry on this one. While a .sig is certainly traditional, I wouldn't go so far as to call it required by netiquette. (Especially in cases like lugnet, where there's not much fear of the header info being lost.) And actually, (...) (25 years ago, 18-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

service
(score: 1.751)

  Re: Lugnet stopped updating their database ?

"LUGNET Admin" <suz@lugnet.com> wrote in message news:GvCwIo.6AA@lugnet.com... (...) Our policy at Brickset is that sets are added to the database once they have been confirmed from public sources, i.e., they have not been leaked from a retailer's (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.database)

service
(score: 1.751)

More:  Next Page >>