 Administrative / General / 435
Re: CFD: lugnet.theme.*
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 18 Oct 1998 23:29:32 GMT

I disagree with breaking down the auction and trade groups further -
although I know I only am looking for a few things, I think that breaking
them down and making them easier to use _might_ squelch momentum.
Secretly, however, I have another reason.  I hope that the psuedo-chaos,
at least that is how I feel when I have not read in a while, will reign
just long enough to get lots of people offering to help develop the
auction, trading, parts fullfillment service, blue-book, survey areas of
lugnet.

Jim

In article <362287A0.FFF54B67@familyradio.com>, rocketman@familyradio.com
says...
Todd Lehman wrote:

Informal call for discussion...

lugnet.theme.*
==============

I originally had things broken down this way back in early August, but • it came
up with 20+ groups, and was discouraged by many people from having • separate
theme groups...  It's really only the Trains and Robotics folks who • have a
whole "genre" to talk about, IMO...  I'm a Space fan and would enjoy a • space
group, but Space is too small of a "thing" compared to Trains, and • Space is so
darned similar to Aquazone...

Actually, for me, I like reading about what others have done. Often it • gives me
ideas across themes, because building bridges restaurants, inns and pubs • are all
plausible in just about any theme that has minifigs.

One thing that might be cool is to further divide the auction and
bull-sell-trade groups into themes so you could see exactly what is for • sale,
like heading for the cereal aisle in the store vs. hunting for the Cap'n • Crunch
amongst the broccoli. It's more work for folks holding auctions, but
cross-posting might be permissable in this case. There are times when I • think "I
need another Robo-force minifig" and I would know where to go, or even • where to
sell one.