 Administrative / General / 304
Re: CFD: lugnet.theme.*
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 11 Oct 1998 06:37:14 GMT

Perhaps a Princess.... wrote:

On Sun, 11 Oct 1998 06:09:26 GMT, Michael Huffman
<mhuffman@mindspring.com> wrote:

I'm a castle & pirate person, so I feel a little unsure of where
to start up these types of discussions...

lugnet.build

That's wasn't the point of why I said the above... I mean I know I
can start a discussion there, or a discussion in lugnet.general or
depending on what aspect of castle, I can start it in other places
on Lugnet.

I guess one of my feelings is before on RTL, there was several
hundred posts to swift through, looking for posts that interest
me.  Now I have to swift through several news groups, then
through several tens (with hopes of several hundreds in the months
to come) of posts to find items.  My search for post that interest me
has now grown geometrically.

I'm not knocking Lugnet or how Lugnet is laid out... I'm just
making others aware of my dilemma.  :)  I guess based upon
what Todd has said about the idea behind Lugnet:

   "We'd like to see an alternative area on the net that people
   can call home, and where they can have the opportunity to
   return to smaller focus groups but still be able to wander
   out into the greater community for a fresh change of scenery.
   I love RTL, but I think it's outgrown itself."

I haven't exactly found a news group to call home yet.  :)

-- Mike.
Michael Huffman                              mhuffman@mindspring.com
http://www.mindspring.com/~mhuffman/
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/3395/