 Administrative / General / 290
CFD: lugnet.theme.*
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 11 Oct 1998 04:49:14 GMT

[Using Todd's format... I thought I'd might get more responses if
I posted my question here, rather than in lugnet.general...]

Informal call for discussion...

lugnet.theme.*
==============

I hope I don't sound pretentious by doing this, but I'm wondering if
this could be a possibility?  I forgot if we talked about something
similar to this during Beta testing... If it was discussed, I forgot
about the reasons for or against the creation of such groups.

   For example:

   lugnet.theme.aquazone
   lugnet.theme.boat
   lugnet.theme.castle
   lugnet.theme.pirate
   lugnet.theme.space
   lugnet.theme.train
   lugnet.theme.town
   lugnet.theme.wildwest

- would this be a good idea to give people areas to talk about
   specific themes rather than clutter up other discussion groups or
   would it create more news groups that wouldn't receive much traffic?

- has Todd thought (and I sure he has) about creating  a hierarchy
   similar to above, but doesn't feel like it's time (or have the
   time) to implement it?

- what are (were) the pro's and con's to doing this?

-- Mike.
Michael Huffman                              mhuffman@mindspring.com
http://www.mindspring.com/~mhuffman/
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/3395/