 Administrative / NNTP / 1035
Re: Access a LEGO set DB with your phone!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 20:05:11 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dan Boger writes:
In lugnet.general, Christopher L. Weeks writes:
In lugnet.general, Dan Boger writes:

heh, need to figure out how the information could be presented in a useful way.

Can you supply Guide data nicely formatted, or better, can the LUGNET guide
respond to queries of a different form so that the desired data only is
returned in speakable format?

it's already available:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/list/bynumber.txt

Hehe, ya, I found that AFTER I had written a Mercator Map to parse the HTML
that is returned when you do queries of the form:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/nnnn

So Chris, are you loading data in the background to generate static content
(which is what I think) or are you parsing info from the guide in real time?
The latter might be an interesting Web Service to offer (at say, Grand
Central or wherever) as a building block for further app development.