 Administrative / NNTP / 1036
Re: Access a LEGO set DB with your phone!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 02:57:04 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.general, Dan Boger writes:
In lugnet.general, Christopher L. Weeks writes:
Can you supply Guide data nicely formatted, [...]

it's already available:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/list/bynumber.txt

Hehe, ya, I found that AFTER I had written a Mercator Map to parse the
HTML that is returned when you do queries of the form:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/nnnn

Ug. Yeah, I was showing the link below to someone just two days ago and was
reminded how non-obvious its existance is.

  http://guide.lugnet.com/set/list/

We are rarely asked for the db in text format, but.. where would you expect
to see it as a link? LMK. I know it belongs in the FAQ at the very least...
I just activated the sidebar of admin.db and put a link there.

Sorry for going off-topic a bit, but the main Guide page needs our help
right now anyway. Maybe we should start another thread.

-Suz