 Off-Topic / Geek / 3599
Re: Access a LEGO set DB with your phone!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 02:31:04 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Christopher L. Weeks wrote:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/list/bynumber.txt

So I've figured out what I want to happen with this data source. Now,
if only I were a programmer! I've spent the last eight hours trying to
learn enough perl to massage the data into a multidimensional array,
but I think I'm giving up, for the day at least. I can't find a
reference, tutorial, or FAQ that describes more than the basic
concepts of References without completely unintelligable techspeak. If
anyone has a source, I'd love to read it.

ahhh, you said the magic word (perl) :) If you could explain to me
exactly what you need, I'll give ya a script that will do it :)

Also, what tool should I be using the parse that web page? I can't
seem to get the right expression to make split break it down by the
fields apparent in the table. Am I missing something simple?

you could use perl for that too, except that why load the server more
then you need to? get the list file, parse that, and you have the whole
Guide in one request, instead of a request for each set...

Let me know if I can help,

:)

Dan