 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 1661 – 1680 of 2225.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: the latest news Rating System

(...) Well, I get all my LUGNET content through the e-mail exchange, and I very rarely frequent the web interface. I don't see the ratings at all, and I really don't care all that much. Knowing the assualt I got in debate, it probably is better (...) (24 years ago, 18-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.236)

  Re: Simplified News-by-Mail signup (was: New newsgroups for LEGO Direct and the LEGO Company)

(...) Two ways: 1. Don't ask for it in the first place (uncheck the checkbox before submitting the form). The form still works without a cookie, although it's a bit more work for the user without the cookie. 2. Or, if you already have the cookie, (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.236)

  Re: Simplified News-by-Mail signup (was: New newsgroups for LEGO Direct and the LEGO Company)

(...) Okay, Todd, you talked me into it this time. I just signed up. Might un-subscribe if volume gets too large. And Shiri, I am somewhat surprised that you are not among the few who are subscribed to .off-topic.test. I am not simply due to traffic (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.236)

  Re: Simplified News-by-Mail signup (was: New newsgroups for LEGO Direct and the LEGO Company)

(...) Well... personally I don't subscribe to any groups, I just go to the web and read them... maybe other people feel the same. (IIRC, you mentionedthat web users and NNTP users are most common around lugnet...?) -Shiri (25 years ago, 15-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.236)

  Re: the latest news

(...) These are some serious concerns, and a while ago, I was on the verge of leaving Lugnet. I think things have taken a turn for the better. Now that Todd has clarified that the purpose of the council is not to be a panel of judges, but to be a (...) (24 years ago, 18-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.236)

  Re: Simplified News-by-Mail signup (was: New newsgroups for LEGO Direct and the LEGO Company)

(...) I like it! however, is there a way to get rid of the cookie once you got it? or do I need to look for it in my jar? :) Dan (25 years ago, 15-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.236)

  Re: Simplified News-by-Mail signup (was: New newsgroups for LEGO Direct and the LEGO Company)

On Sat, 15 Apr 2000, Todd Lehman (<Ft1G3z.Cz3@lugnet.com>) wrote at 03:23:59 (...) Just curious, why is email highly recommended? What are the benefits over NNTP? (speaking as a curmudgeonly stick-in-the-mud luddite :-) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.236)

  Re: Improper threading (was: Re: the latest news)

(...) Well, there's always <URL:(URL). Is it possible for you to use other mail software? (25 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.236)

  Re: C'mon already...

(...) I suppose if I had a choice, this group would be what I'd prefer, but e-mail would certainly be fine too. --Todd (25 years ago, 16-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.terms)

mail
(score: 0.236)

  RE: Improper threading (was: Re: the latest news)

(...) Tried...can't seem to get it working (...) Not likely to happen (...) My NLSO would not appreciate this...she complains about anything Lego related. She'd hit the roof if I even suggested this (...) See above. (...) Unfortunately, I think I'll (...) (24 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.236)

  RE: Improper threading (was: Re: the latest news)

G'day, I've e-mailed Todd about this a couple of times, and I think I posted a message asking for help, but I haven't got any replies. Unfortunately, this problem could easily be caused by the mail server at work, which I have no way of fixing. (...) (25 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.236)

  Re: Improper threading (was: Re: the latest news)

(...) No -- I think Kevin's newsreader is kludging up threading by subject -- which doesn't really work, but gives that illusion in some cases. BTW, Ben -- could you please try an experiement for me? Reply to this message when you receive it, but at (...) (24 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.236)

  Re: Lost Instructions

(...) The e-mail gateway handles References (as well as In-Reply-To) headers both directions, so it must be a broken emailer. There are couple people using a broken version of Eudora which always seems to chop the last message ID and cause their (...) (25 years ago, 13-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.236)

  Re: THE LAST WORD

The first post which included personal info about Kurt follows. This really is the part that is forgotten. Subject: Re: HELLO!!!?????? Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 16:20:49 GMT From: Larry Pieniazek Reply-To: lpien@IWANTNOSPAM.ctp.com Organization: Junky (...) (26 years ago, 10-Feb-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.235)

  Re: Lost Instructions

(...) Ya, that oughtta work too. :) Say, I just remembered one thing from cc:Mail -- it puts (or used to -- not sure if it's still the case today) the reply depth count in square brackets between "Re" and ":", i.e.: Re: blah blah blah Re[2]: blah (...) (25 years ago, 13-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.235)

  Re: urls test

(...) Hmmm. Seems redundant to me. You have already typed your URL and it will appear as a clickable hyperlink on the web interface and current versions of nearly all newsreaders and mail clients. I agree that your message will look a bit better (...) (25 years ago, 14-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.235)

  Re: Lost Instructions

(...) but what do you do if it is broken? reject it? that's not so friendly - basicly you're saying that you're not allowing people to use eudora with the mail interface... :/ dunno what you can do though - no really good way of know what the (...) (25 years ago, 13-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.235)

  Re: Message rating again

(...) I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but currently the .test messages don't get searched (even via the .test search box) so it follows that Todd will keep this policy when the scores are included in the rankings. So rating those (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.235)

  Re: New newsgroups for LEGO Direct and the LEGO Company

(...) Some more background and clarification (Important): This new .lego.* area (especially .lego.direct) is intended more as a "community dialogue with the LEGO Company -- for courteous and concise discussion" than as a regular traffic discussion (...) (25 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general) !!

mail
(score: 0.235)

  Re: auction vs non-auction double standard?

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) traffic (...) exist, (...) to (...) I think there is a "double standard" in that auction posts are singled out as particularly bad. This is not necessarily a bad thing (we also have a "double standard" on (...) (25 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.terms)

mail
(score: 0.235)

More:  Next Page >>