 Administrative / General / 6089
Re: Simplified News-by-Mail signup (was: New newsgroups for LEGO Direct and the LEGO Company)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 15 Apr 2000 16:05:25 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Dan Boger writes:
In lugnet.announce, Todd Lehman writes:
To receive lugnet.lego.announce via email (highly recommended), point your
web browser here:

  http://www.lugnet.com/news/mail/sub/?lugnet.lego.announce

and fill in the blanks.  Give it a shot!  :)

I like it!  however, is there a way to get rid of the cookie once you got
it?   or do I need to look for it in my jar?

Two ways:

1.  Don't ask for it in the first place (uncheck the checkbox before submitting
    the form).  The form still works without a cookie, although it's a bit
    more work for the user without the cookie.

2.  Or, if you already have the cookie, simply uncheck the checkbox and
    resubmit the form.  That'll cause the webserver to send a delete-cookie
    request to your browser.

--Todd