 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 101 – 120 of about 2200.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Replies to posts gone awry

I've been tempted to reply to many of the threads in this post: (URL) by John Heins. John erroneously cross-posted this to market.shopping. The previous post /loc/uk/?n=7787 by Mark Calladine arguably could have been cross-posted there, but John's (...) (23 years ago, 1-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 2.425)

  Re: Sale at The Vault this week!

XFUT: lugnet.admin.terms (...) Hi Jon. According to the charter for .market.shopping [1] these types of announcemnts are allowed and should not be problematic. Here is exactly how the charter for .shopping reads: ++CHARTER/PURPOSE: (...) (22 years ago, 18-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.admin.terms)

mail, service
(score: 2.411)

  Re: Service Packs: Space, Technic, Train, Town, etc

(...) I think this is true for both of you (Larry & Scott). I'm not interested in who started what - I don't care. There's no point, only further "niggling" and noise. I *am* interested in knowing which one of you is willing to discontinue this 6 (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 2.407)

  Re: Service Packs: Space, Technic, Train, Town, etc

That's one way of looking at it! But like Scott says, this is off-topic(1). Please take this to e-mail: eh105jb@mx1.pair.com Scott A =+= Have you inspected Arthur’s Seat yet? (URL) reasonable man adapts himself to suit his environment. An (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 2.407)

  Re: Can postings that had their e-mail authentication blocked stil be retrieved?

On the main point - new e-mails can be kicked off. I think Dan Boger is able to do this. (...) This really sucks. Fortunately my ISP isn't blocking Lugnet. I have a real concern with how these databases are run. It seems that ORDB has reasonable (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet, mail
(score: 2.400)

  Re: Lugnet listed as Open relay at ORDB.org?

I am surprised. I thought this was big enough to post it, and expected a pretty quick response form the system admins here. Have any of the administrators noticed this? Is it being worked on? I believe that this is more important than just some (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet, mail
(score: 2.399)

  Re: Lugnet listed as Open relay at ORDB.org?

Below is a reply I received from my email provider after I requested A solution to my problem from their end. -Rob Hello, Thanks for your description. Now I see the situation. Yes, the mail server on all standard LinkSky accounts uses the Open Relay (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 2.330)

  Scheduled downtime Friday, January 31, 2003

The lugnet.com server will be taken off-line briefly on Friday, January 31 for an operating system software and disk upgrade. The outage may be as short as five minutes or as long as several hours. E-mail delivery is most likely to resume first, (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general) !!

mail, service
(score: 2.327)

  Scheduled downtime Thursday, March 6, 2003

The lugnet.com server will be taken off-line for approximately two hours on Thursday, March 6, 2003 for a software and hardware upgrade. --> Going down at: 10:00AM EST (that's 10 o'clock a.m. New York time) <-- The outage may be as short as one hour (...) (22 years ago, 6-Mar-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general) !!

mail, service
(score: 2.317)

  Brickshelf Down?!

Hi all: Is brickshelf down? I'm getting Internet Explorer's lovely error message for when a page is down. All links off of mocpages (even deep links), and now even the homepage fails. What's up? -Josh Underhay. When you go to www.brickshelf.com, as (...) (19 years ago, 25-Feb-06, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce)

internet, service
(score: 2.279)

  Re: Message awaiting authentication

"Tim David" <talltim@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Hp86w5.wHy@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) Google Groups is a web interface for NNTP. NNTP stands for Network News Transfer Protocol - if you're posting in a newsgroup - or "forum/community/etc." (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail, service
(score: 2.219)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) Hmm, I think it's actually both peoples issue to solve. SPAM is a real problem, but I have seen several providers take a lazy way out. Remember when Lugnet was incorrectly put on SPAM black lists? If it was only Lugnet's responsibility to (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 2.090)

  Re: Are you missing news-by-mail digests/forwards?

"Gereon "Jerry" Stein" <jerry@lugnet.com> wrote in message news:J1Bv8v.I56@lugnet.com... (...) Actually since you're handling the mailing lists, why not consider changing things so that they better suit the current situation. What I mean is this: (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jun-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet, mail
(score: 2.022)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET part 2

(...) Rene: Firstly, much thanks for all the hard work you're putting into LUGNET, and into working on modernizing the home page. Prior to becoming a full time "LEGO guy", I worked for 10 years in the internet industry doing what's often called "web (...) (18 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

internet, mail
(score: 1.971)

  Re: No authentication posts, no posts from the newsreader?

I think it makes sense to post a small update on this issue: As a matter of fact, email is running fine since the discovery of the "hang" some days ago. We have a comprehensive warning and traffic management mechanism in place so we should not run (...) (17 years ago, 13-Dec-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 1.804)

  Re: Very strange server behavior today

As a follow-up to the original announcement, I would like to let everyone know that the "visitor" who basically jammed the NNTP service came back this morning. Since nothing else seemed to help, I had to block out his or her IP range entirely from (...) (16 years ago, 25-Aug-08, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 1.729)

  Re: Forum shift

Hi all, I have taken a bit of time to follow the discussion as this is about a subject that René and I have been talking over on some occasions but without any final decisions yet. (...) Actually, the NNTP server in use is a fairly old but very (...) (14 years ago, 3-Nov-10, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet, service
(score: 1.702)

  Re: Change in handling of real names on LUGNET web pages?

Honestly, using people's real names is part of what I always liked about LUGNET-- when someone says "Did you see that new model by Edgar Jones?" it's more personal than when you say "Did you see that new model by ButtonBlaster26?" It gives you a (...) (16 years ago, 19-Feb-09, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail, service
(score: 1.676)

  Re: Um, so why this new server?

We access the internet using a proxy server at work and I will need to map a link to this newsgroup before I will be able to see it. Since I really do not need to be reading all of these messages during work, I will probably not set it up at the (...) (26 years ago, 29-Sep-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.634)

  Re: LUGNet Chat

(...) The game aspect is entirely optional, and is not needed or relevant for a Lego chat. I would suggest that a talker would be sufficent (no creatures or objects) as this would also be lighter on system resources. I guess private IRC is more (...) (26 years ago, 8-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.631)

More:  Next Page >>