  Search Results: racial minifig
 Results 101 – 120 of about 17000.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) In your opinion. Perhaps you are right that it is the safe side, but I don't particularly view that as a good thing. (...) Where else would one challenge Lego's policy but here? You started this particular thread in any case. (...) As in, if (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 1.631)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

"Bruce Schlickbernd" <corsair@schlickbernd.org> wrote in message news:Fz5I5C.Ew4@lugnet.com... (...) taking (...) don't (...) Then that is something that we just need to agree to disagree on. (...) I started this thread to express my disdain about (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 1.631)

  Re: Where Brooklyn at? (Was: racial politics, black pack, etc.)

Judging from our posts to this thread, I'm finding that we really agree on most of the points of this issue, a relief for sure because i was getting really depressed about some of the viewpoints that were expressed on this issue by lugnetters. But (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

racial
(score: 1.631)

  Re: Where Brooklyn at? (Was: racial politics, black pack, etc.)

(...) As far as I can tell human "race" is as meaningless in the SW universe as it is in Legoland. There are plenty of references to the differences between alien species and humans, and even some references to different human cultures, but there's (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

racial
(score: 1.631)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

"David Schilling" <davidNO@SPAMsunteleia.com> wrote in message news:Fz63HJ.G4v@lugnet.com... (...) there (...) Dunno. I sure hope that the recent trend in licencing we've seen with TLC won't detract from their original products. Lego would cheapen, (...) (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 1.631)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Except that TLC did not model the figs in "natural" skin tones. They used bright yellow. Had they modeled the light skinned characters in tan then it would make sense to model the dark skinned characters in brown. (I was surprised and (...) (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 1.631)

  Re: Where Brooklyn at? (Was: racial politics, black pack, etc.)

(...) Except the first movie, where finding a non-european face is almost impossible. I think this happened in part because it was shot (mostly) in England, but Lucas was roundly criticized for it. Bruce (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

racial
(score: 1.631)

  Re: Where Brooklyn at? (Was: racial politics, black pack, etc.)

(...) I get a much different feel about Chewie, but I think I've been influenced by the books where (not surprisingly) his back story and character are covered in more depth. (...) I didn't have the hate for Jar-Jar as most people did, though he (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

racial
(score: 1.631)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

"Damien Nesbit" <johnnobody@msn.com> wrote in message news:FzAvEv.36r@lugnet.com... (...) they (...) [...] (...) put (...) serioulsy (...) opinion (...) attempt (...) treatment (...) As you have stated, I understand that you have experience in a (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 1.631)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Well, is it really if we consider the target audience? I've said it before, I'll say it again: as long as the kids seem happy with the minifigs, as long as the kids are able to use their own imagination to bring diversity to the world of Lego (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 1.631)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) In at least one case, the lack of response is entirely because that person (me) finds the entire debate pointless and tiresome. It is a non-issue. Further responses (such as the one I am currently constructing) are a waste of breath, because (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 1.631)

  Re: Where Brooklyn at? (Was: racial politics, black pack, etc.)

Damien, I really don't want to reply to this thread, but it seems to me that this whole race issue is being blown to the infinite amount of distortion on this thread. I will let TLC decide whether or not to make DSM's or whatever politically correct (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

racial
(score: 1.631)

  Re: Where Brooklyn at? (Was: racial politics, black pack, etc.)

(...) be (...) Yeah, Bruce, you're certainly right. I watched ep 4 again two nights ago and the only black person that I counted was an extra in the mos eisley scenes. apparently, though Lucas wised up. thank god. ---D. (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

racial
(score: 1.631)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) and (...) I think the contrast between System minifigs and Duplo figs is important. Having Duplo figs with different flesh tones and different sizes reinforces for kids the importance of diversity. People are different colours and adults are (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 1.631)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

In lugnet.starwars, Bruce Schlickbernd writes: Bruce, I fully agree with most of your points, except the following: (...) Seen from a scientific point of view, these statements are incorrect (I know you didn't necessarily mean them to be view that (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 1.631)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

In lugnet.starwars, David Low writes: (snipping intersting comments that stand fine without need of further comments from me) (...) yellow (...) are (...) I'm not convinced their needs to be a DSM (I'm just using the term out of convenience, BTW) (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 1.631)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Uh, it's worth pointing out that the "yellow represents all races" thing is *not* the official TLC line. It's something that people have said to attempt to explain the fact that there are only yellow minifigs. eric (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 1.631)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) going (...) Yes, I questioned this earlier in this topic (quoting myself): "I have never seen ANYTHING from Lego that explains that this is their policy. Not here. Not on rec.toys.lego. Not in any of their sets. Not on their website. Not in (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 1.631)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Right, and that's a good reason to keep it. This reminds me of the time when I was introduced to my arranged bride-to-be (my wedding day, of course). Apparently, the dowry her parents could offer was meager, but she said she would go out and (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 1.631)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) concept (...) I'm not sure that science has a definition for "race": my physical anthropology teacher thought "race" to be a lot of nonsense based on purely external appearance (but for all I know this is out of date). Perhaps with DNA (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 1.631)

More:  Next Page >>