  Search Results: post frequency
 Results 1961 – 1980 of about 37000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: more Mindstorms FAQ

Also sprach Kekoa Proudfoot: : Then again, this is my opinion, and since I do not plan to directly : contribute to the FAQ, maybe I should have no say in this. Opinions are welcome. The best place to post them is the newly-created lugnet.faq group. (...) (26 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general)

post
(score: 0.893)

  Re: Shell promotion is over - what happens to the stock???

On Thu, 7 Jan 1999 23:34:51 GMT, Jon D Hayward uttered the following profundities... (...) I was going to post about the end of the promo, too. However, I was lucky and caught the manager, who got the 2 little sets that I wanted. Looking forward to (...) (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

post
(score: 0.893)

  Re: Profanity (was Re: Lego(r) Master Maniac designation?)

Beaker wrote in message ... (...) While I agree with you, I think you're misapplying the principle. We *should* discourage the LCD approach, but with the intention of raising the standard not lowering it. Too much of the internet is already devoted (...) (26 years ago, 31-Dec-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

post
(score: 0.893)

  Re: Lego(r) Master Maniac designation?

(...) Below is a snippet from the Terms of Use for lugnet.com. Someone who is in violation of these terms runs the risk of being kicked off the system. Depending on the nature of violation, someone may need to be kicked off instantly with no further (...) (26 years ago, 30-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

post
(score: 0.893)

  Brand New Rigs at Sixby Fire Tech

I do read LUGNET groups all the time, but I'm always afraid my posts will get messed up somehow, so I usually only post if I've got something new built, and such is the case now. I'm not even sure if I've got this set up correctly yet. I have added (...) (26 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.build)

post
(score: 0.893)

  RE: legOS and alternate operating systems [now off topic]

(...) A "Hello World" program is hardly a valid example for RCX programming. That particular example is also unfair to C++ since iostreams have far more power than the equivalent C libraries. I have written an embedded multithreaded kernel for a (...) (26 years ago, 30-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

post
(score: 0.893)

  RCX in College Courses

Chris Rogers uses the RCX and ROBOLAB in at least 3 different college courses here at Tufts. I saw a post a while back asking if anyone did this sort of thing... he would definitely be a good person to contact. Email me if you want his info. -Ben (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

post
(score: 0.893)

  Re: Profanity (was Re: Lego(r) Master Maniac designation?)

Also sprach Todd Lehman: : The difficult thing is that it's not really possible to define profanity in : any way that people can agree on, especially in purely illustrative contexts : such as Jim Baker's (a.k.a. "Beaker") delicate use of the F-word (...) (26 years ago, 31-Dec-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

post
(score: 0.893)

  Re: Minifigs and Music

Having been spurred on by this thread, last night I perfected keyboards, and will have a LeoCAD rendering later and a photo of my band soon. Anyway: One space control panel (piece 2342) One black 2x4 plate One black 1x4 plate One black 1x4 tile One (...) (26 years ago, 31-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

post
(score: 0.893)

  Halloween Design Contest Pre-poll

Ladies and Gentlemen, This coming March, Matthew Verdier and I will officially announce the Halloween Lego Design Contest. There will be three main areas this contest will focus on; fantasy, horror, and sci-fi. In order to adequetly prepare for this (...) (26 years ago, 1-Jan-99, to lugnet.announce)

post
(score: 0.893)

  Re: Here we go again

Also sprach Matt Hanson: : much. I think that is what the real issue is. Some people just aren't : willing to give up their cozy lifestyle for a better *quality* : society... Now we get to the heart of the issue. You want others to change their (...) (26 years ago, 31-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

post
(score: 0.893)

  Re: Profanity (was Re: Lego(r) Master Maniac designation?)

(...) As Jim pointed out, more clarification is needed here -- but this week isn't the best time so I'll be short for now and add more later... Practically speaking, I don't believe it's possible to define what profanity is, or that it's actually (...) (26 years ago, 31-Dec-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

post
(score: 0.893)

  Re: Richard's obligatory, monthly, stupid question!!!

On Thu, 21 Jan 1999 05:27:58 GMT, Todd Lehman uttered the following profundities... (...) So, (In response to this and your other post....) on RTL I am at about 90000. At present there are some threads to which the originating post does not yet (...) (26 years ago, 21-Jan-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

post
(score: 0.893)

  Re: HTML Formating

(...) ===...=== DISCUSSION GROUP TERMS AND CONDITIONS LUGNET includes discussion groups which allow feedback and interaction between users. LUGNET and its owners and/or operators do not control or censor messages, information, or files delivered to (...) (26 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

post
(score: 0.893)

  Re: Is Super Car Y2K Compliant? [was: is Mindstorm/RCX Y2K Compliant???]

Now you tell me! I was putting together my *brand new* 8880 last night. It was a very expensive present to myself that arrived via Priority Mail that morning. I was doing a roll over test and had all of my LEGO set to 1999 to verify that the 2000 (...) (26 years ago, 1-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

post
(score: 0.893)

  [moderately off topic post] LCD shutter material?

Hi all, This really doesn't have anything to with the HB, but I'm at my wits end: I'm building a large high speed shutter-type device that will be controlled by a microcontroller (likely a BS2SX). Years ago I heard of a type of LCD shutter material (...) (26 years ago, 6-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

post
(score: 0.893)

  Re: more Mindstorms FAQ

Also sprach Todd Lehman: : Anyone interested in collaborating on a Mindstorms FAQ (or any LEGO-oriented : FAQ) may want to get in touch with Jeff Thompson <jthompson@teubner.com> and : Jim Baker <beaker@havoc.gtf.org>, who, among others, are (...) (26 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general)

post
(score: 0.893)

  Re: Profanity (was Re: Lego(r) Master Maniac designation?)

Beaker wrote in message ... (...) How so? Even I could write a simple filter script to detect and reject a list of banned words for the news environments I've seen. And I don't see how having such a list is "intellectually limiting" - if anything (...) (26 years ago, 1-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

post
(score: 0.893)

  Postage Rate Increase

Just a reminder to those running auctions: There is a Postal increase that takes effect 10 January 1999. This will affect First Class and Priority Mail at least. I do not know if Parcel Post is also going up or not. Certified mail fees, Registered (...) (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.announce)

post
(score: 0.893)

  Re: Fw: Idiot Children

(...) Ok so when does English as a second language become an excuse for stupidity? I paged through the original 8 messages (i've become immune to most of the chain mail and empty posts), I laughed at the follow up and was annoyed by your post (ps (...) (26 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

post
(score: 0.893)

More:  Next Page >>