 Off-Topic / Fun / 707
Re: Richard's obligatory, monthly, stupid question!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 22:56:02 GMT

On Thu, 21 Jan 1999 05:27:58 GMT, Todd Lehman uttered the following
profundities...
jasper@janssen.dynip.com (Jasper Janssen) writes:

And as far as how the numbers are generated: Todd? :) Possibly a
sequence, or something with time encoded, or whatever...

Article numbers in a newsgroup start at 1 and count upward monotonically
without skipping any numbers.

--Todd

So, (In response to this and your other post....)
on RTL I am at about 90000. At present there are some threads
to which the originating post does not yet appear. So, let's
assume the one I have is 90000, and the original arrives a
few days later, with the 200 or so other posts picked up during
that time. Would the original post, which has taken its time,
be listed as 90201, or 89999?? I think that you are saying
the former.
BTW, thanks for the header translation, I know what most of the
stuff there is, but had always wondered about that what looked
like gobbledegook!!
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net               remove nospam dot
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888                  ICQ 13177071
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/