 Robotics / Handy Board / 5389
5388  |  5390
Subject:
[moderately off topic post] LCD shutter material?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 6 Feb 1999 18:16:49 GMT

Hi all,

      This really doesn't have anything to with the HB, but I'm at my wits
end:

   I'm building a large high speed shutter-type device that will be
controlled by a microcontroller (likely a BS2SX). Years ago I heard of a
type of LCD shutter material that was used on a movie set. It was a clear
flexible film that was used as a window covering. Then at the flip of a
switch it became solid greyish black...sort of a giant LCD display. The
company that makes this stuff apparently has a video with entire glass
enclosed boardrooms that are made private at the flick of a switch...any of
this ring any bells? Does anyone know where I can get more information on
something like this? I've seen small LCD shutter modules (a few inches
square) that are used in 3D glasses but I need something much larger...

      I've also posted this to the stamp list and I apologize to those who
will get it twice...

All input appreciated, Duncan