 Announcements / 141
140  |  142
Subject:
Postage Rate Increase
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 01:42:06 GMT

Just a reminder to those running auctions:

There is a Postal increase that takes effect 10 January 1999.

This will affect First Class and Priority Mail at least.  I do not know
if Parcel Post is also going up or not.

Certified mail fees, Registered Mail, Insurance Fees, and return receipt
fees have also gone up.  I do not see anything on International Mail,
but suspect that the special fees have also gone up.

People running auctions that are ending this week might want to consider
doing as much mailing as possible on or before Saturday.

There also seems to be a new type of Return Receipt.  This one is marked
"Return Receipt for Merchandise".  Anyone know anything about this one?
It costs more than a normal "Return Receipt", so I don't know what
additional value or service is involved.

TODD  LEHMAN:  Have you updated the shippinX-Mozilla-Status: 0009

Gary
GaryLouie@EarthLink.Net