  Search Results: fred
 Results 1481 – 1500 of 1884.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: War

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GKKrsr.651@lugnet.com... (...) Except no one is talking about x-box'es and no one expects the state to provide x-boxes on welfare. But had Fred Bloggs Jr been hungry because of the (...) (23 years ago, 2-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

fred
(score: 1.001)

  Lego books?

I was wondering if there was any lego books that are related to robots. I searched the handy-board page and came across two titles that Fred Martin supposable wrote in 1996. One is titled "Robotic Explorations: An Introduction to Engineering and (...) (26 years ago, 17-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)

fred
(score: 1.001)

  Re: IR decode disabling

I came across the same line in the lib_hb.c-file, hoping to achieve more performance but as I was told by Fred Martin, the default setting is OFF. Dirk (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Lego Mindstorms as an application for PC ??

Try to find a copy of: MetaCricket: A Customizable Computational Construction Kit for Professional Designers by Fred Martin (the guy who started this mindstorms stuff at MIT) Brian Silverman and and Bakhtiar Mikhak. I have a PDF file of this article (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jul-01, to lugnet.robotics)

fred
(score: 1.001)

  Problem resolved?

To all, Regarding my previous... I am not sure if it was a soldering connection, but after retesting the output voltages it is very close.. Fred says that the voltages should be between, say, +9 and +10, but I'll get a 8.7.. Is this good enough? If (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Sales this week

(...) The Kmart in Bellevue (Main street near 148th) was devoid of Star Wars on Sunday (28th). They also don't have Throwbots. I'm pleased that Fred Meyer has 20% off for another week; I hope the Bellevue store has the "good" Throwbots (low numbers) (...) (26 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

fred
(score: 1.001)

  Re: ZB deals

Thank you! They still had the Shuttles in stock at 7:15pm EST! Yippie! I can't wait for mine to show up next week! Fred. (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

fred
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Request for designs

(...) That's true - I hadn't appreciated the level these people were at. In that case may I strongly recommend a classic: "The Art of Lego Design" by Fred Martin. You can find it in several places: (URL) could perhaps get these people to read it (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics)

fred
(score: 1.001)

  A suggestion for a .space Timeline entry

Link: (URL) Feb 28, 2002 Text: An English translation is provided for Fred Herrmann's Classic Space Factory Jeff J (22 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

fred
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Does anybody actually know Mr Justus?

(...) I think we're in agreement. We (the people of lugnet) would argue that it's a different piece. But the people at lego may see it differently. Obviously, this piece wouldn't work with the other pieces designed for use with the medium slope (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

fred
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Working with Legos

(...) That's an excellent suggestion. Thanks, Max. There are many other tips on Lego robot construction techniques in an article titled The Art of Lego Design by Fred Martin. It's available for download from the Handy Board web site: (URL) have been (...) (26 years ago, 28-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Lego Outlets?

(...) How far is St Jacobs from Michigan? ...that is, the border near Detroit? If it isn't too far, I may have to make a pilgrimage. Fred. (25 years ago, 16-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

fred
(score: 1.001)

  RE: PID Control

This sounds like the sort of software that would be benifitial to everyone working with the Handyboard, perhaps it could be posted on the HB site? Fred? Reagrds, Matt (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 1.001)

  6.8 nF Capacitor

Can any body tell me if a 6.6nF capacitor will do to replace the 6.8nF in the IR Transmission circuit (Fred?) ?. Thanks in advance. John Hatton (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 1.001)

  Re: Handy Board serial routines

(...) /* ---...--- SENDING AND RECEIVING THROUGH THE SERIAL LINE ---...--- the IC program must be stopped in order for this to work ! the code is from the handybaord FAQ by Fred Martin or ?? Randy Sargent ?? added by Xavier Chabot, 3-3-97: (...) (28 years ago, 14-Mar-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 1.000)

  HB Design Question--??

+---...---+ | NOTICE! I'm posting from a host that is not always available. If your | | email to me bounces or you want to be sure, use 'brat@naxs.com'. THNKS | +---...---+ Fred (or anybody)- I'm doing some last minute sanity-checking on a project (...) (28 years ago, 3-Apr-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 1.000)

  8 wide? was Re: Box Cars

I hereby do admit that 8 wide CAN look good. John showed me a boxcar he has been working on, it has a FRED in the end, integrated grab iron ladders, sliding doors, separated roofwalk, and a whole bunch of other details. It looked really good. It (...) (25 years ago, 12-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

fred
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Meijers in Grand Rapids

Steve Bliss, all around good guy, but resident of an inferior school district, opined on how swell Meijer is: <I snipped it> Meijer rules. And Fred Meijer is aces. He MADE Da Vinci's horse happen and those hoity toity coastals didn't even invite him (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

fred
(score: 1.000)

  Re: what is the use of a caboose?

(...) Yep, most railroads still have them. It's just that they tend to get used on local trains only now (A FRED is cheaper for mainline, when you are not switching the train at all). Because the crew is 3 on most mainline runs (or even 2), you (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

fred
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Cybermaster Software

(...) IIRC I got it to work by manually setting the default string value: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\S...tware\LEGO Software\Products\Cybermaster] @="fred" Hope this helps. John Hansen (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.cybermaster)

fred
(score: 1.000)

More:  Next Page >>