 Robotics / Handy Board / 1855
1854  |  1856
Subject:
HB Design Question--??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 1997 19:47:20 GMT

  | NOTICE! I'm posting from a host that is not always available. If your  |
  | email to me bounces or you want to be sure, use 'brat@naxs.com'. THNKS |

Fred (or anybody)- I'm doing some last minute sanity-checking on a project
design- in the HB, the memory is mapped high ($8000+)- right? The area from
$4000-6fff is not used for anything "critical" except for expansion port I/O-
right?  If I used a different expansion scheme that "rearranged" the Yx port
selects (so there are more crammed into the same area) the only thing that
"breaks" are any port address references for that area in the HB library and
possibly some similar type things in the pcode- right? And since to the best
of my knowledge, the Y0-Y5 selects aren't used for any "official" HB calls,
the only thing that _really_ breaks is contributed code that uses these
addresses (assuming I make provisions to handle $6000-$7000 (Y6-Y7 calls)-
right? Last question :-) Is there some basis for the HB dimensions or was it
arbitrarily arrived?

Thanks for your assistance!

John Whitten
brat@naxs.com