  Search Results: fred
 Results 1301 – 1320 of 1884.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Enlightenment

(...) Is fred looking for 2x3 black bricks? I have quite a few that I was going to use for train roadbed, but I could part with some if it will help with your project. I have about 1200 of them. How many do you need? Mike (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

fred
(score: 0.847)

  General NMRA Comments

WOW, the NMRA show has made for a big thread. Speaking of thread... Shirts/Hats/etc. I vote for shirts. I agree with Tom M.--shirts are more readily identifiable at a distance, and all the same color is appropriate too. If you mix and match, no one (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

fred
(score: 0.847)

  Re: Jambalaya Mini-junk box #1 - New Idea for Jambalaya

Would broken Technic beams be considered junk? I have both ends and the break is fairly clean (as clean as explosives go). These were desimilated in my mid teens some 15 or more years ago, mostly blue. If anyone would want these as well as a Technic (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

fred
(score: 0.847)

  Fred Meyer has sets for 50% off

I was in a Fred Meyers today and they had numerous sets for 50% off. They included 1998 and 1999 Adventurer's sets, 8735 motors, and some City center sets. Only went to one store so I don't know what else they put on clearance. Rose (25 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

fred
(score: 0.847)

  Re: Technic Connector Question

I have quite a few of these connectors from before my dark ages. Considerable thought has been put towards "sanding" the teeth off so I can have more of the teethless variety for some of my engine modification projects. If anyone wants to trade* (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

fred
(score: 0.846)

  Re: Fred Meyer has sets for 50% off

I have found that the Fred Meyers that has the mark downs does mark down sets sooner than the other stores around here. It is a sign to keep you eyes open at the other stores because mark downs at the other stores will happen soon. I have also found (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

fred
(score: 0.846)

  Re: NMRA show (the first of many?)

John Gerlach says: (...) <snip> (...) I have to agree with this. I don't like the idea of plexiglas. After all, they are LEGO toys! I think if you have something that you don't want the kids to play with, keep it out of reach. I for one love to be (...) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

fred
(score: 0.846)

  Re: Fred Meyer has sets for 50% off

I am in Idaho. I went by another Fred Meyer today and they didn't have any clearance items. They have atleast 30 each of the mummy tombs and the Technic beach buster. Is there a specific set you want? Rose Matthew Wilkins wrote in message ... (...) (...) (25 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

fred
(score: 0.846)

  Homebrew rotation sensor idea

Hi All, New guy here (some background below, if you're interested), been lurking for a week or so, and I'm off to buy my 1st Mindstorms set as soon as Toys 'R Us opens this morning...they have both 1.0 and 1.5 on the shelf, I'll be getting 1.0 after (...) (25 years ago, 21-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

fred
(score: 0.846)

  Re: Fred Meyer has sets for 50% off

Well I ran across the manager of my favorite Fred Meyers. He was very talkative and continued to give me all sorts of info, even though I was really trying hard to end the conversation and get home. I would try to end the conversation and he would (...) (25 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

fred
(score: 0.846)

  Re: Meijers in Grand Rapids

(...) < Snipped Larry's telling of the horse & Fred Meijer > Wow, that is incredible. Just goes to show how biased the media is, and how entrenched they are in class warfare. Fred has brought thousands upon thousands of jobs and careers to people, (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

fred
(score: 0.845)

  Re: my "Technic® creations" site updated...

I tried to get a 50megs account after viewing your web site (excelent stuff). Still waiting for either of the 2 confirmations that I have the name I wanted. There created a week apart to avoid confusion for them. Currently I am using (URL) only (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic)

fred
(score: 0.845)

  Re: IR receiver question.

It's normal to get IR noise in sunlight, halogen light, or bright incandescent light. So you're fine. Fred In your message you said: (...) (24 years ago, 23-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 0.845)

  Re: Rack and Pinion Steering and idea for precise angle of rotation detection

(...) It's mentioned in Fred Martin's "The Art of Lego Design" (ftp://cherupakha.me...flego.pdf) which is an excellent basic intro to technic for anyone who hasn't seen it. Dave Johnson (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

fred
(score: 0.845)

  Re: Rack and Pinion Steering and idea for precise angle of rotation detection

Top of Page 14 in Fred Martin's "The Art of Lego Design" (ftp://cherupakha.me...flego.pdf) . (BTW, this is an excellent document with some good techniques--I'm really skimming here, but it looks like part of this was used to recommend stuff to Lego (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

fred
(score: 0.845)

  Re: Sharp GP2D12 (analog version) troubles

I have only hooked up one, so I am unsure if there are other traces besides the one for analog5 that are so conveniently arranged. You can study the circuit board photos on the Handy Board site (I think they are in the assembly instructions) and (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 0.845)

  Re: Makelist.exe problems.

MKLIST did the trick! Thanks! Fred. (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad)

fred
(score: 0.845)

  Re: Piezo Rate Gyro and HB

Hi Jan good job. I've done exactly the same thing :)))) I only use some assembler code to measure the time. In fact I have some code, that lets you measure a frequency or a pulsewidth ranging from about 30 Hz to 30kHz. If anyone wants the code (i've (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

fred
(score: 0.845)

  Re: Enlightenment

Ha! KNEW I had more! Make that, "I have 122 black 2x3 bricks, Fred. I SUPPOSE I should keep a few myself, in case I need them, so make it 110 for you. (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

fred
(score: 0.845)

  More studs in holes...

Hi, Recently there was a mention here of the problem with studs fitting into beam holes. Fred Martin's "The Art of LEGO Design" was quoted as saying that such a configuration was not intended and that the studs or holes could become damaged over (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

fred
(score: 0.844)

More:  Next Page >>